Best mini bike for fun

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakinT

Reaction score
Whats the best and worste minibike to use as a fun/muck around bike thats under $1000 (in AUS dollars)?

I love me nitrous YX160... its goes pretty hard. Just gotta bin the forks and shock, get some decent ones and some decent bars and tyres and its a pretty good bike.
Or keep your eye out for a decent second hand bike. I wouldnt buy a second hand atomik though.. ha ha.. Maybe a DHZ or something...

And i think im just gonna get a new dhz dpro 140 for $1100

Atomik nitrous 125s only go to 85kmph.

No one said get a nitrous 125, why are you looking at them, you ask a question like you already know the answer!
Best fun, pitty, mini bikes with speed are obviously 160s so if you want fast get something with a 160 in it.
As for quality look for motovert, pitster, psto, braaap, some dhz's and atomiks stay away from everything else. Pretty simple really anything with a price tag is going to be quality, so get someone else's second hand problems if you want cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Its not really about top speed, anyone can gear their bike for top speed, its all about low down grunt. I'll take lifting the front wheel every gear with just a twist of the throttle and a low top speed over lack luster acceleration and a high top speed that takes forever to reach. And dont go by the specs on the manufacturer's websites, they arent even close to accurate. An atomic with a lifan125 is just as fast as a dhz or any other brand with a lifan 125. The difference in price usually indicates the difference in suspension and chassis which is what will make it faster on the track but if you only care about straight line speed buy the cheapest one with the biggest engine or just go buy a crutch rocket and forget about dirt bikes

Last edited:
Made I'd go the Dhz any day ken or casey will look after u

Latest posts

Back