best place in melb to get a sprocket for atomik link 250cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik250

Reaction score
just after a new sprocket so i can get more top end, as no use having 1st gear as soon as you take off you have to change into 2nd, where best place in melb to get one?

cheers jamie

try the front first....go up to a 16/17...

should be the same as a crf50 etc...

damn, i had the actual part# from link for the JT sprockets.... meh...do ya own google:p

and, you may want to get a new chain while your at it.... if you change the front, anyway....

hang on...its for a 250? scratch what i said about the crf 50 then....:eek: no idea what fits a 250....something rare, knowing china...:mad:

one day you will want to know, cause you do have to replace them occasionally....

Last edited:
talk to the people at atomik, they have plenty of parts in there shop and saves you the time and effort of going around "testing" if parts fit on your bike. shouldnt be to much for one or alternatively search for a front sprocket using the engine model

does changing the sproket just lengthen 1st gear ??

Its probably worth taking in your existing sprocket so you can be 100% cetain that when you walk out you have the right part.. Nothin sucks more then being a close fit, but not fitting right, then having to modify/replace or having something totally different and having to replace again..

Changing the front sprocket wont only change firt gear but all the other gears.. the only way to change a specific gear.. is well to change that specific gear-which wouldnt be worth doing.. hence the availability of different sized front/rear sprockets :)
Think of it like a MTB.. the smallest on the front and biggest on the back will make it REALY easy to pedal.. but will tire you out very quickly, while being in the biggest at the front and smallest at the back will be a bitch to get moving, but will have a faster top speed.. while the middle cog on both front n rear would allow the best of both worlds.

Id be inclined to hit up Greg at Buzz bikes first.., but failing that.. and any other shops you pass on your journey.. atmoik.. but really as a lat resort.. I wasnt happy with the service I recieved, but many have been.. do you take the chance!? thats upto you :)

Buzz Bikes,Sly50s,Fast50s,Autocom,Ciniworx

Atomik Motorsports | Bikes | Motocross | Dirt | Quad | ATV | Australia-wide

Where in Melbourne are you traveling from!??
Dont forget to put a conclusion to the thread, let us know how you go, where you get it from, the size if you know it and an expected price to pay.
That way when the subject comes up again, there is a decent referance to the fix, and you can feel good knowing you helped someone out. :)

Last edited:
Dont buy a shitty sprocket from Atomik! JT sprockets will have something that will fit your bike. You can order from them direct or go through your local moto shop and get them to order one in for ya. As previously mentioned get yourself a good chain while your at it. Personally I recommend DID coz I am yet to brake one of them.

Latest posts

Back