better Top speed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wogboy

Reaction score
how can i get a bigger top end speed?

i ride a windowmaker 110cc 4 speed semi auto and it has a 37t on the back! thats all i know about the bike.

If any one could help that would be great

atm i got a 13t on the front and 37t on the rear

mate i told u this on your last thread no need to make 10 threads in 1 night

get a front 17 tooth and a rear 40 something lol

and the point of that would be????
going a larger front sprocket will increase your top end but drop you acceleration a bit
going a larger rear sprocket will increase the acceleration but drop some top end

If you swap the front and rear sprockets around you'll get much better V-Max.

and the point of that would be????
going a larger front sprocket will increase your top end but drop you acceleration a bit
going a larger rear sprocket will increase the acceleration but drop some top end

13/37 = 2.846 to 1 ratio

17/40 = 2.352 to 1 ratio

So Sydneys recommendations DO give the bike nearly a .5 to 1 taller ratio (.494 to 1) for a higher potential top speed ....... that is .... IF the engine can pull it and still reach peak revs ......

The added advantage of going to 17/40 is that the chain and sprockets will last longer due to the greater area of tooth to roller surface contact (= less PSI loading) and there is far less chance of the chain jumping off ! On top of that , 1st gear becomes more usable ..........

thats fair enough cactus the reason i pointed it out was that in a earlier post he had said
"get a bigger front or rear sprocket"
i was just trying to point out that just grabbing a bigger front and rear sprocket may not be the way to go
eg if he went, yeah sweet sounds good need bigger front and rear and went and bought a 14t front and 40t rear as they were both bigger he would actually decrease the top speed a little as it would drop it to a 2.857 ratio from a 2.846

Latest posts

Back