big bore , worth it'!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack_rides_stp

Reaction score
Sorry bout all the big bore posts but I'm very undecided

I was gonna order my tb88 stock head from classic Honda but. I did some research in people say there not as good and not as quick as takky and kitaco kits, so is it worth getting the tb or saving up for a kitaco or takky,

My mate has a kitaco new in box that he got from Honda , without carb not sure about cam

Should I buy this or is it better buying the tb kit

Thanks

mate get the TB

whoever told you that is bullshit there are all 88 limited kits and go pretty much the same its just the quality that gets better with the taky and kitaco kits,i was talking to firepower of Pm and he said they all put out nearly exactly the same power.

Yeh there would be much in it between the limmo kits. Different with the race heads as porting and flow is determined by quality but all your getting is a barrel , a piston , cam and carb. The TB carbs are just copies of the keihin pc20 carb , so same jets etc.
Dare say the piston and bore wouldnt last as long as the japenese units but I wouldnt really be concerned with that.
Kitaco and taky kits do look nicer as the casting is more of a polished finished where s it looks that the TB is a chalky'ier finish. But that really doesnt matter at all.
TB kits have the better airfilters , dual stage UNI (USA) copies. Where as the Taky and kitaco kits have a mesh/gauze filter - shit for offroad riding as it sucks in alota dirt...
Both kits piss easy to jet. Both piss easy to install and both plenty of fun...

Go the TB for the limmo kit. If you get the kitaco 88 barrel then you have to buy a new carb - I'd dare say you'll end up buying the TB 20mm kitanyway and a TB cam?

yer exactly what unit said.... , i wonder why they dont make the limited kits come with high comp pistons to suit the stock head? would be a much better kit i reckon.

Latest posts

Back