big problems... mini bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifty

Reaction score
Ive recently come across a little 125 pit bike and cleaned it up (cosmetically).. It was a runner but nw when I try and kick start it doesnt seem to have any compression, or the Kick start not engaging at all. I took the spark plug out and preessed the kick start down and felt nothing. Can someone please give me an idea on where to go from here. I dont even knw what brand the bike is yet... ill get on to that now.

hey shifty. try adjusting your clutch cabel freeplay. the bike has to be in neutral and the clutch needs to be fully disengaged for the kick start to work. hope this helps.

Makes sence m8 as the clutch casble isnt in the best condition... waiting on a new one. Thanks Hman I appreciate the help

shifty;394283I said:
took the spark plug out and preessed the kick start down and felt nothing.

Dude if you took the spark plug out it won't have any compression because the hole left where the spark plug is will be letting all of the air out = no compression. When you put the spark plug back it in will have compression again. If you've already put the spark plug back in and still have no compression then maybe it's not in properly or tight enough. Take it out, make sure the threads are clean and put it back in until it's nipped up tight-ish.

Ya its true taking out the spark plug will drain the compression out and you wont be able to feel any pressure better tech your bike to a mech as he will have exact knowledge about the problem and will save your money and time.

better tech your bike to a mech as he will have exact knowledge about the problem and will save your money and time.

71179_347194452552_5371852_n.jpg

Could be kick start gears if your not starting properly. I'd drop the oil and take off the side cover. My 140 did the exact same thing. Can u push start it? I'd check the valve clearances aswell if your gears are ok

when he said he felt nothing with the spark plug out I think he meant he can't feel any air rushing in or out, not that it did not have compression.

If you have it in neutral and the clutch out and still nothing then my guess would be the kick start gears, look into them, plenty of info on here about it.

Latest posts

Back