bigger is better

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james_troke

Reaction score
i have a 125cc frame and want more power , but my problem is is the all the 140 and 150 engines are too big and wont fit in 125 frame does any1 know how i can get around this:confused: will send pics of fame if needed ;)

hey mate welcome to miniriders... good to see another one from the central coast

i do think some pictures may help ussort your problm out

but are the 14/150 engines are they Klx style engines? as they wont fit stright into a crf style frame you need to mad the cases slightly

hey mate welcome to miniriders... good to see another one from the central coast

i do think some pictures may help ussort your problm out

but are the 14/150 engines are they Klx style engines? as they wont fit stright into a crf style frame you need to mad the cases slightly

OLR-JIABB-2.jpg
thats what my motor looks like atm

James...140 engines are really no different in size compared to a 125.
unless you have a bbr alloy style frame the clutch lever hits the engine mount...but going of the picture above you should already be having tht problem..

the only engines tht are different is physical size are the yx150/160 z155 engines, they have a bulky looking top engine mount and some frames like pit pro and motovert need a little modifying.

let us know what brand bike you have or shoot up a pic of your bike

yeah i bought the bike a while ago and just used it for backfliping into foam pit but now i like rideing it on the road and hitting up the traills but need more power cause i have put a 18 tooth sprocket on the front and a small 1 at the front for more top end cause 1st gear was useless so heres some pics;) the bike came with 2/ pipe weird i know:confused:

Attachments

• 0127101934-02.jpg
    0127101934-02.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 0305101746-00 (2).jpg
    0305101746-00 (2).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
yer any engin will fit for sure..

maybe just get a bore kit for it?

but i wouldnt reccomend a lifan 140 as they bust kick start gars and gearboxes

yeah well there is alot out there is there a good shop on the central coast or a good website for buying engines i don't realy wanna play around with a bore kit when i can just get new engine

Last edited:
i got a new yx150 for only $420, lemme know if ur interested

Latest posts

Back