Biggest carby i can run with 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shing

Reaction score
As the title states, what is the biggest carby I can run with a lifan 140??

Right now I have a mikuni (probably fake) 26mm. Its been an absolute B!TCH to tune, cant get it right, and if i do, it doesnt produce much power. Everytime i need to make an adjustment to a jet, the needle, the idle mixture or whatever, i need to take the whole thing off. And now im finding that it leaking fuel around the idle mixture screw.
So basically I want to ditch this POS.

I wanted to get an OKO, one that is easy to tune and produces good power. But I want to get a 28mm one so because when I have the funds I want to upgrade my motor to a 155Z crate motor or similar. And I dont want to have to but another carby.

So what im asking is, what OKO carby is easy to tune and will produce the most power out of my motor? something like a round/flat slide or VM28?
Will a 28mm work?
Or will a 26mm carb work with a larger motor?

Cheers.

OKO 28mm will suit the 140 and the 155z...
get one from DHZ as the jetting comes pretty close to spot on out of the box

a 26mm is still slightly too big for a stock 140 IMO. I run one and it runs great but I think a 24mm would be more appropriate. I think a 26mm oko would be perfect for a 155z.
28mm is complete overkill for any horizontal china donk so you should stick with the 26mm.

I wouldn't bother with a VM carby, the oko flatslide is tried and true and allot of members here can agree it makes a HUGE power difference, they are easy to tune and easy to work on, build quality is on a whole other level compared to the fakuni's

DHZ sold me a motor which had the carb settings a mile out of tuning and same with timing settings. Arent these things mean to come ready to go as it states. lol. imo always have a jet kit

i actualy run a oko 26 on my 125 lol

she bogs a lil , but only on quick twist's , and ya dont need to quick twist a z50 street bike

the oko is stock IE jet size's and such and runs a treat i have put 2,500 ks on my bike and i get 100 ks to a tank ,,so you do the math she has seen some fuel ,,the carb was on my 150 gpx b4 that and did 1,000ks b4 she poped

all in all bloody good carb for the price

As the title states, what is the biggest carby I can run with a lifan 140??

Right now I have a mikuni (probably fake) 26mm. Its been an absolute B!TCH to tune, cant get it right, and if i do, it doesnt produce much power. Everytime i need to make an adjustment to a jet, the needle, the idle mixture or whatever, i need to take the whole thing off. And now im finding that it leaking fuel around the idle mixture screw.
So basically I want to ditch this POS.

I wanted to get an OKO, one that is easy to tune and produces good power. But I want to get a 28mm one so because when I have the funds I want to upgrade my motor to a 155Z crate motor or similar. And I dont want to have to but another carby.

So what im asking is, what OKO carby is easy to tune and will produce the most power out of my motor? something like a round/flat slide or VM28?
Will a 28mm work?
Or will a 26mm carb work with a larger motor?

Cheers.
Shing if you want to go bigger, the best performance upgrade carby wise Vs dollars spent, is the OKO26mm. Absolute breeze to jet compared to the 28. YES, the 28 *can* be tuned to run on a 140, but not a stock one.. unless you go pretty wild with breathing mods, the 140 just doesnt flow enough for the 28's capabilities.
OKO 28mm will suit the 140 and the 155z...
get one from DHZ as the jetting comes pretty close to spot on out of the box
Sean i know you are a wealth of knowledge, but i beg to differ on the 28's abilities out of the box... mine took a lot of work to get right, but the 26 was a literal plug and play proposition.. Unless you really know what you're doing, the 28 has a lot of quirks to iron out that the 26 doesnt. (buddy if you know some tricks to getting the 28 jetted right, spill the beans sir!!!)
a 26mm is still slightly too big for a stock 140 IMO. I run one and it runs great but I think a 24mm would be more appropriate. I think a 26mm oko would be perfect for a 155z.
28mm is complete overkill for any horizontal china donk so you should stick with the 26mm.

I wouldn't bother with a VM carby, the oko flatslide is tried and true and allot of members here can agree it makes a HUGE power difference, they are easy to tune and easy to work on, build quality is on a whole other level compared to the fakuni's

DVDrip has a good point, the 24mm is probably the better carby of all of them for a stock 140, but they're tricky to find. OKO australia website/store lists them, but the carby only, and they ARE expensive items from there... and as you said, you are going to upgrade, so the 26mm would be the weapon of choice IMO... :D

akunar has them at a reasonable price, but they may not be the same as the "OKO" because they are labeled as keihin or something like that, I think it's just an oko with a different brand stamped on it. when my bank account recovers from the recent suspension upgrade I'm hoping to get akunars 24mm flatslide so I'll fill you all in when/if that happens

Thanks for all your help guys!!!
So its really a pretty easy decision,
This NEW OKO 26MM FLATSLIDE CARBY KIT 1/8 THROTTLE UNIFILTER - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Nov-09 01:00:57 AEDST)
With some jets NEW OKO CARBURETOR SLOW & MAIN JET KIT - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Nov-09 12:07:29 AEDST)
The flatslide can be tuned with OUT taking it off the manifold right? Because I am SICK of having to do that!!

By b day is next wednesday (4th Nov) so now i know what my parents can get me :p

Cheers.

Forgot to mention, I am just going to run the 140 until it karks it. But the next motor I am upgrading to I will be doing some work on.

I have heard of a new YX 169 coming out, is this all jsut BS or is YX actually making a new motor?

Thanks for all your help guys!!!
So its really a pretty easy decision,
This NEW OKO 26MM FLATSLIDE CARBY KIT 1/8 THROTTLE UNIFILTER - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Nov-09 01:00:57 AEDST)
With some jets NEW OKO CARBURETOR SLOW & MAIN JET KIT - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Nov-09 12:07:29 AEDST)
The flatslide can be tuned with OUT taking it off the manifold right? Because I am SICK of having to do that!!

By b day is next wednesday (4th Nov) so now i know what my parents can get me :p

Cheers.

yeah shing, the OKO can stay in the bike for tuning purposes. have done up a thread purely on buying and tuning the OKO's... have a wee looksee..
http://www.miniriders.com.au/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

shing if you see the chart on the ad for the jet kit you have 4 choices of the jet combinations you have to choose from:
1 35 36 37 96 98 100
2 36 37 38 98 100 102
3 38 39 40 100 102 104
4 39 40 41 100 102 104

this is BS, you need 96 98 100 mains and 36 37 38 40 pilots, so you're better off calling ken and tell him what jets you want instead off buying a bunch of jets you don't need

shing if you see the chart on the ad for the jet kit you have 4 choices of the jet combinations you have to choose from:
1 35 36 37 96 98 100
2 36 37 38 98 100 102
3 38 39 40 100 102 104
4 39 40 41 100 102 104

this is BS, you need 96 98 100 mains and 36 37 38 40 pilots, so you're better off calling ken and tell him what jets you want instead off buying a bunch of jets you don't need

When I go to go buy it off ebay, should I just leave a comment? Or should I message him first?

BTW, I had a quick skim through that OKO thread. thanks Thump. Great thread :D

well I've found the best way to communicate with ken is by phone, you can haggle and ask questions, when I email him I don't get a response usually. so just call him tell you want the carby and the jets you want, then ask what kind of price he could give you on the lot including postage, don't forget to mention you're from miniriders, you might be shocked by the sweet deal he'll give you ;)

then you just paypal him the cash, no need to get ebay involved ;)

akunar has them at a reasonable price, but they may not be the same as the "OKO" because they are labeled as keihin or something like that, I think it's just an oko with a different brand stamped on it. when my bank account recovers from the recent suspension upgrade I'm hoping to get akunars 24mm flatslide so I'll fill you all in when/if that happens

dvdrip, give us a pm when you do get the akunar one, be keen to take the 26mm off your hands for my 125

Received my OKO flatslide on friday :D

It came with the 1/4 turh throttle, uni filter, cable, manifold, and a set of jets.

Im not sure where abouts in the carby the jets are located, im assuming in the bowl? I just dont have the tools on me to pull it apart, but i thought the jets where accessible without taking the carb apart?

I have
Pilot: 37, 38 and 40
Main: 96, 98, 102

I did ask for a 95 main to be installed on the carb, but I'm not sure if its on...

How do you attach the throttle cable to the slide??

Cheers guys.

I called ken for a 95 and he doesn't have them.
I'm pretty sure my 140 is running 37/ 98

Well Ive installed it alright and everything. Except the throttle cable they gave me doesnt work with my or their 1/4 turn throttle. The cable is too short. So start it and it revs its tits off.

So a new cable and should be all good :D

nah shing you might have a hard time finding the right cable, I just cut about 20mm off the cable tube where it meets the carby. Have a look near the end of the oko thread and there's a bit more info and some pics.

are you sure its not a 1/8 turn throttle with the plastic tube?

Latest posts

Back