Biggest carby i can run with 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you make sure you put the slide in the right way, if its in backwards it'll rev its tits off!

Yeh im sure its on the right way, it sits all the way down. Yeh thanks, i might just do that. Ill cut a bit off and see how it goes, cheers.

Ok, fixed it and its all working 100% now :D
Gave it a run. The top end seems OK. But the idle is all over the place, after revving it the idle will stay high er then usual, then gradually die down to normal and changing the idle adjustment screw does nothing when its higher. Lol does that make sense?

Im assuming its to do with the pilot jet. I have the smallest size in now (37) should I put a larger jet in?

I dont suppose it could be the idle mixture? If it is or could be, how do I fix this??

probably running lean, wind the mixture screw in a bit to richen it, if that doesn't work then go a bigger pilot jet........

Well, I wound it in and it stopped doing it, so that was all good. Now its just a little crackly. So Im assuming its still too lean? Ill just chuck a bigger pilot in and see how it goes.

If im just idling along in 2nd then crack it right open it will completely stop, but the moment i back off the throttle it picks right up. What could be causing this?

that seems to be a common problem with okos and 1/4 turns, I don't have that problem but I'm running a rich main jet (98 i think) which seems to eliminate it, for some reason the main jet affects the pilot circuit in a big way on these carbys

yeah 96 should be on the money.
as for a pilot..if it runs better with mix screw in then a bigger pilot is needed..jump up to the 40 pilot and tune the mix screw... tell us how many turns out it runs best at.. ideal is between 1-2 turns but no more than 2.
and the needle. where have you got that positioned... should pretty much run best at 2nd notch from the top....

also if you havent checked your valve clearances then now is the time to do it...i hate seeing ppl try to tune there carb when there valves are out...
if the inlet is out of adjustment it can fudge the whole pilot tuning process up..

Ill go over my valves. Just to clarify, its 0.04 inlet and 0.05 Exhaust? I think I just need to get some, because Although I have some, they are all too small.

If the valves are out, I will change them and try again. If they are ok then I will swap the jet over.

I left the needle in the stock position. Directly in the middle. I might change it if the pilot is still acting up.

.004 and .005 (not 0.04 and 0.05) will work, I recommend .003 and .004

Ahk, thanks DvD. Ill do it when I get some feeler guages.

I just changed over my pilot jet from a 37 to a 38. But it still isnt running right. Should I be looking at changing to a 36?

I will also move the needle clip down one position.

what main are you running?
I think 36 will be too small, but the main effects the pilot allot in these carbys which can make things tricky

I just went and had a look at mine, been meaning to do that for ages. for some reason I thought I was using a bigger pilot.

I'm running a 98 main and 36 pilot with the needle clip 1 down from the middle on a stock lifan 140.
this is a slightly rich setup which rips down low but still has more potential up top.
try those settings and see how ya go

Latest posts

Back