bike cutting out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusty

Reaction score
Hey guys. my bike is a pitracer 140cc 07 model n i have had it 4 around a week. What it's doing is cutting in n out last weekend n today flat out in 4th it cut right out. tryed starting it no go, tryed to push start it no go. went n had a sit down n checked the cdi wiring/plug n the spark plug lead n all seemed fine. did a push start n it fired up n i made a mistake of getting on the throttle in 1st did a wheely n it caught me off guard n taking a spill( it was pretty funny hahahahaha) i have checked the spark plus n cleaned the lead n plug n also adjusted the idiling a little bit. what could b causing it to choke n cut right out??? what petrol does everyone use? the guy i bought it off did say he was tuning the carby so maybe he's ****ed around with it. i though it might b the spark plug or some type of wiring issue. also i filled it up with 91% today so maybe i should use 98% next tank. i'm located near ipswich if anyone can come have a look. cheers guys.

i would say your air/fuel is not set right i run 98 oct in mine it took me a bit to get mine to run right when i changed fuel over

cutting out could be caused by a few things,
one thing to try is,
pulling apart each wiring plug/socket spray them with w/d spray and plug them back in.

cutting out could be caused by a few things,
one thing to try is,
pulling apart each wiring plug/socket spray them with w/d spray and plug them back in.

x2. it sounds electrical.
WD40 is your friend here. All plugs and adaptors should be cleaned.

Dom

i noticed some of the plugs had some crap in em so later i'll clean em up. cleaned out the carby today n checked the fuel line all seemed fine. thanks 4 the info guys

Ah

Ah guys, it's got worse. Took the caby apart n cleaned the main jet n check the other jet n all looked spotless. I forgot to mention i have to leave the choke on all the way down n it runs good the first time until it chocked n cut out. The second time spluttered until i turned the choke on all the way again n took off until flat in 4th then it started chocking again. Also i changed to 98% premuim. Checked the plug n it looks like it's running lean. How do i check the jets? Also how do check the valve clearances?

Last edited:
I have no idea what a stator is. It sounds like a censor or some sort. I thought about trying to put a bigger main jet in n c what it does.
Also what's a good main jet size for a 140cc lifan engine??? Anyone know what the stock size main jet is? The carby says mikuni. Like i said beofre i think it's running lean n wanna play around with a bigger size main jet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back