Bike died and now won't start?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very simply put positive and negative on coil like so:

CoilTest.jpg

u can use ur frame as negative if u want but, painted ares on frame dont conduct so its up 2 u.

watch closely for a spark jump or put ur hand on the tip of the spark plug..its up 2 u...!!!

Dabomb said:
very simply put positive and negative on coil like so:

CoilTest.jpg

u can use ur frame as negative if u want but, painted ares on frame dont conduct so its up 2 u.

watch closely for a spark jump or put ur hand on the tip of the spark plug..its up 2 u...!!!

Ok so by negative do you mean the earth wire ?

So if i get no spark it means my coil is good as dead ? How common is it for then to go bad ?

Now i just have to wait for my 12v battery to be charged.

yes if u dont get a spark then ur coil must be dead asuming ur spark plug isnt rooted. Ive never stuffed a coil before so iits not that common.

try it then get back to me.

Cheers!~

Just measure the resistance of the primary and secondary coil windings with your multimeter...

i.e. from neg to pos should be thousands of ohms, and neg to plug lead should be less than 1 ohm.... chances are one of the windings will be open circuit if it's knackered...

If your testing the coil on a battery, just tap the + lead on and off the battery to get a spark.. spark usually jumps as the power is removed from the coil.. (with the juice on constantly you wont get a spark)

Edit: Page about testing a coil with a multimeter

Ok well i got no spark and my coil is now officially fucked either way, when i did the test on the battery the coil made a crackling noise and then the black casing cracked open =O

cimg1044large4zn.jpg

well now that i narrowed it down u have ur problem... u fried ur coil...just replace ur old one.

Ok, i checked again, and made sure i just tapped the wire and the coil is sparking even though its cracked open.

So fark it isn't the coil and i just fucked a perfectly good one, now its gotta be either the CDI or the stator. These stupid bikes are more trouble than they're worth, i really regret being a cheapass and buying a shit orion.

don,t worry this can be more benificial in the long run, once you change certain parts to better results will happen , there are alot of japanese parts that don,t work from new, this has happened to me several times over the years.

mate... new wiring is only 50 bucks complete. this happend to my bike, it would go then just die, then like 10mins later it would start again, i took off the seat and the wiring had shizzled itself, it had all melted at c.d.i units. worked out that the wiring was earthing on the bike

My wiring is all fine, i have already made sure of that first =\

yeh well i cant be bothered reading it all lol... just buy new wiring.... if the bike aint 30 days old go get new wiring under warrently

personly im cheap i dont go and buy wiring ill just find any sort of cort around the house strip the ends and use it :) thats how my soround sound for my comp is

Franky said:
yeh well i cant be bothered reading it all lol... just buy new wiring.... if the bike aint 30 days old go get new wiring under warrently

$50 sounds a bit steep as well for less than 2 metres of wire and a block connector, i reckon i could make the loom myself for like $2-3

i meant the hole wiring for the hole bike..

Dilox-125cc said:
personly im cheap i dont go and buy wiring ill just find any sort of cort around the house strip the ends and use it :) thats how my soround sound for my comp is

lol well u do that and see what happens

Well i contacted the seller that sold me the bike, he is sending me a new stator, CDI and coil all for $20 =O

Good news =)

Latest posts

Back