Bike dies when changing gears

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3pdmn

Reaction score
heyy, i have recently bought a inner rotor kit for my 125 dirt bike. i started it the other night just after i installed it and runs geat, until i change gears...the bike has no load when i change gears( the chain insent connected to the front sprocked) neutral starts and run's fine until i change gears it dies straight up no matter wether i give gass or not..i thought i would just generaly checking wether gears and all works work's since i haveing been for a ride in a while..and now this is the prob im faced with..:cursing:

you need to describe your problem a little better.

engine?
carb?
set your valve clearances lately?

the way im understanding it you shouldn't have a problem because every gear would be like a neutral.
have you warmed the bike up good, turned the choke off, drained the fuel in the carby bowl and put new fuel in the bike...things like this help to eliminate faults

my god please re write your first post and use some grammar it will make it easier for us to diagnose your problem

yehh sean, thats why i found it odd..wont start in any of the gears ither...the weird thing is that before i put in the inner rotor kit the old one worked fine and i dont know what i could have done that caused this..thanks pbk, lucky i have you here with all your great info

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back