Bike hire: peewee50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at the second hand pw50 and ttr50e, but what do you think about Zuma's PY50 and ZMB50, or the PitPro 50cc bikes?

Should I post this question under 'Bike Reviews?'

Zuma's PY50 and ZMB50, or the PitPro 50cc bikes are cheap china bike that you will $600 to $800 buying and then in a year or so when you kid is to big for it you will only be able to get $200 or so back for a china bike buy a good used yamaha or honda suzuki or something like that you will pay $1000 or around there keep it for two or so years and still be able to get 95% of your money back.

Hey,
I honestly wouldn't buy a chinese 50cc bike.
You can find a decent 2nd hand PW50 for only a little bit more, it was last 10 times as long, and it will hold it's value.
The chinese bike might be cheaper at first but you'll lose more money when selling it and on anything that breaks.
Also the ebay sellers are often just a bunch of people sitting in a factory miles from anywhere and they don't care about the bike once it's sold. Whereas if you go into any Yamaha dealer they usually stock all parts and are friendly.

take a look at bse and yamoto one of them makes a 50cc 4 stroke bike its fully automatic and are a reasonable bike i taught my sister to ride in 1 of them

just for reliability point of veiw, a mate has a pw80 its a 1980's something not real sure on wat year it is but it has all white plastics, but anyway he has had it since knew and quite a few kids have learnt to ride on it and still are and its still on its original piston and rings the only thing he has every replaced are tyres and i it does get a hard time when us older guys get on it after a few cans and have races but the dam thing never misses a beat........you wont get a china that will last 20 something years with bugger all maintenance and still take abuse :D

I can only imagine the fun you big boys had on the bikes after a few drinks. I actually saw some guys doing stunts and jumps on the ttr50s at a bike show, they looked like very sturdy bikes.

ya its fun till ya come off and get run over by ya mate that's following ya lol.......biggest bruise i ever had

Have alook at a Suzuki JR50. They are a 2 stroke but self mix the fuel oil. They are a bit cheaper than PW50s

Hi

Over the weekend I bought a second hand Yamaha Pee Wee 50. It's an older bike, a good price and it will allow me to see if riding is a phase for my son or not.

I just need to find some protective gear now :)

I would like to thank everyone for their advice and feedback. I've kept an open mind and looked in to a number of different bikes and brands. It's been great learning so much.

Latest posts

Back