Bike Not Running 100% Right

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got a problem with my Lifan 140cc engine, it's not running 100% right and I'm still running it in!

It takes forever to start, I eventually have to use the choke, but once the bike has been fully warmed up I can start it without using the choke.

It coughs and bogs when I give it throttle and it just doesn't sound like it's running smooth. Any ideas on why my bike is being a bitch? I'm fed up with pitbikes!

Thank you so much! I have no clue on hwo to check the valves, but will search around!

The compression is okay I think. I get kickback every now and then, and it is a lil tricky to find TDC.

Haha, after spending hours trying to tune one, you really do get to hate them.
But dont worry. You will get it sorted out soon enough.

I'm checking my valves as I speak right now.

The cam timing seems to be right on the spot. Just need to check my valves.

It's a very simple adjustment and is one of most important parts of pitbike maintenance

I think this is the best video showing how to do it: YouTube - How to check valve timin on Honda 50 70 cc motors

here's a guide made by one of our members: http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

another good one: QingQi (Qlink) 200GY Illustrated Valve Adjustment - MyChinaMoto

after looking at all those guides you should have a pretty good idea of what you need to do, good luck

edit: a bit late hey? lol

What size feeler gauge should I use on a 140cc engine? A .03 or .04?

.003 for intake .004 exhaust, not .03 / .04

There roughly the same size a sheet of paper yeh?

Mine only have .03/,04 because they couldn't fit the extra zeros in. I do have .30/.40 and they seems to be in the mm's.

There roughly the same size a sheet of paper yeh?

Mine only have .03/,04 because they couldn't fit the extra zeros in. I do have .30/.40 and they seems to be in the mm's.

headsmess does say two sheets of normal computer paper works well

Latest posts

Back