bike not starting?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto99

Reaction score
Hey all im haveing problems with my 140 pitpro
Its not starting at all, ive checked the valves all good, cleaned carby
and it has no compression what so ever ( New piston rings?)
Any help would be great thanks

Hey all im haveing problems with my 140 pitpro
Its not starting at all, ive checked the valves all good, cleaned carby
and it has no compression what so ever ( New piston rings?)
Any help would be great thanks

If it has no compression at all, I would be taking the barrel off and checking the piston and rings. Either that or you have adjusted your valves incorrectly.

Take it to Small Wheel Deals at Lawnton mate. They'll help you out for a good price

have you checked the spark? pull the sparkplug out and put it in the sparklead.... hold the plug in you fist and kick the bike over...
If you don't get a shock from it you have an electrical problem

Go over you valves again make sure you didn't do them at valve overlap.

Was it blowing any smoke the last time it was running?

Also what did you adjust your valves too?

no compression can be from the factory decomp on the camshaft.. i have seen these play up alot.. take the front (large cover that holds the head and barrel on) rocker cover off and have a look, if your not sure then post a pic of it

just run over everything as said above, failing tht take motorman's advice

Yeah will do tomorrow, but when i seem to kick it it sounds like theres air escaping from the barrel
if that helps?

Yeah ive brought brand new gaskets, so thats not a problem

so you have fuel / spark / air .... it should start... but no compression points to valve problems

have you tried winding up the idle a bit... and turn the fuel screw all the way in then back out 1.5 turns this will get our carby into a setting where it will start any engine if in working condition

when you cleaned the carby did you blast out the jets with an air compressor? andhave you made sure t float bowl is filling with fuel? also it will help to completely drain the fuel tank.... flush it out with fresh fuel.. then fill it up again

using a new sparkplug?

when you try to the start the bike does it fire at all? like does it sound like it wants to start or is it more like there's no fuel and your just kicking a dead engine?

It sounds like it really wants to start but it aint starting, might have a bent valve of what not cheers :)

Latest posts

Back