Bike runs perfectly at .5 turns out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
My67xr helped me ALOT getting my bike running perfectly. I noticed that my bike idles perfectly at .5 turns out on the fuel screw. If I set it to 1 or 1.5 it wont stay running. What is the reason for this. My6xr, are you coming to the rescue again?:action-smiley-033:

i can try and help ?

is it all back together again with the air filter on, and oiled etc ?

if it has an oiled air filter on,
with the mixture screw at 1/2 turn out, it means the Pilot jet Circuit still has a blockage, or the Pilot jet is too small.
if you've had it running well before this problem, then it must be a blockage

try this out for me,
remove the air filter, then place your hand over the intake of the carby to seal it off.
while holding it still, kick it over a couple of times.
this will give it a heap of vacuum, and might suck anything out or free that's stuck in the carby,
it will pull a bit of fuel up into thew bore of the carby, this is ok.
now refit the air filter

then give it a few kicks over and it should start and run.
it will be a bit rough/rich if it works, so you'll need to reset the mixtures like i advised before

i'm heading out today so i won't get a chance to follow up until late today.

hopefully the news is good !
cheers

i can try and help ?

is it all back together again with the air filter on, and oiled etc ?

if it has an oiled air filter on,
with the mixture screw at 1/2 turn out, it means the Pilot jet Circuit still has a blockage, or the Pilot jet is too small.
if you've had it running well before this problem, then it must be a blockage

try this out for me,
remove the air filter, then place your hand over the intake of the carby to seal it off.
while holding it still, kick it over a couple of times.
this will give it a heap of vacuum, and might suck anything out or free that's stuck in the carby,
it will pull a bit of fuel up into thew bore of the carby, this is ok.
now refit the air filter

then give it a few kicks over and it should start and run.
it will be a bit rough/rich if it works, so you'll need to reset the mixtures like i advised before

i'm heading out today so i won't get a chance to follow up until late today.

hopefully the news is good !
cheers

My filter is not oiled and has never been oiled:lol_hitting: I dont have air filter oil, is there and alternative? And thats fine, Im not in a rush :)

Your poor engine! :faint:

You can use any oil! Engine oil, Gear oil even Canola oil... Any things better than nothing!
Just be sure to give it a good squeeze and let it sit in the sun for a bit.

But be sure to buy some decent stuff when you can! :)

do yourself a favor and get some filter oil
i prefer the spray on oils, this kit comes with the cleaner fluid too

put some on the filter and sqeeze it through evenly, don't apply to much as it can move through your carby.
filter oil is usually sticky too, to help catch any dust before it goes through your engine
dust in your engine will cause problems after a while, it will scratch/scar your cylinder bores, wear your rings/piston, and can also build up with the oil and form carbon deposits on your piston top and in the chamber.
this can lead to hot spots, and also help to cause detonation/pinging
the biggest problem is premature wear, and eventually causes excessive oil consumption/smoke out your exhaust

so all you need to do is if you are riding in dusty conditions,
after riding, take the filter off,
clean it with degreaser/petrol, or filter cleaner, wash it thoroughly,
let it dry,
then lightly reoil it so it's ready for next time

Your poor engine! :faint:

You can use any oil! Engine oil, Gear oil even Canola oil... Any things better than nothing!
Just be sure to give it a good squeeze and let it sit in the sun for a bit.

But be sure to buy some decent stuff when you can! :)

lol^^
hey i had the elcheapo original one on for a good six mnths... lol then i got a uni and slapped some motul in it :D

Can I really use engine oil? Ad here is how it runs with .5 turns out. [video=youtube_share;o0MeuG9gzVI]http://youtu.be/o0MeuG9gzVI[/video]

I did what my67xr said and when I put it to 1.5 it started to big out again

did you see the spray on oil in my post above? for $5 you cant really go wrong.

if you didn't, click on the red highlighted spray on text in that post, it will link you to some that's not far from you

did you see the spray on oil in my post above? for $5 you cant really go wrong.

if you didn't, click on the red highlighted spray on text in that post, it will link you to some that's not far from you

Just ordered the Uni Air filter cleaning kit. Also I found the oil leak but have pin pointed where exactly. Its coming from around the exhaust port. It burns on my exhaust causing white smoke. I just dont know where its coming from. I do know that its from the bottom of the head.

I just put a brand new spark as my bike wasnt starting. I took spark plug out and it was black as. Running to rich? So i put new spark plug in and it started i got a mate to hold throttle open a little bit and i screwed air mixture screw in but the revs didnt drop which is what i read should happen? Why is it doing this. Im going to do the wide open throtle test in the next few days to see the result.

You need to turn the mixture screw out, withthe idle speed slightly raised.

I turned it fully in and fully out both ways and made no difference. What way do i turn it to lean it out? Clockwise or anti? Cheers

I did that and it didnt make a differnce, when im doing slow wheelies lots of the time the bike will stall it didnt used to do this and it is also alot harder to start takes 3-4 kicks with gas

Apparently the Molkt carbs have a fuel sloshing problem, when people jump their bikes they get bog when they land, etc..

Latest posts

Back