Bike spluttering

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy441

Reaction score
Hey, I'm having a problem with my bike and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. The bike is a 07 Terra-moto 125.

It's been sitting for awhile but I had this problem before I stopped riding it anyway, so it needs new fuel/oil/brake fluid ect but I want to sort out the main issue first. Essentially the bike seems to just have troubles running, it will start but only if the choke is on and it'll idle (still, only if the choke is on) but the second you give any throttle or turn the choke off it splutters and dies.

From my own research I think the problem might be that there's debris in the main jet or the Pilot Jet is running too rich, but to be completely honest I have no ****ing idea what that means or how to fix it since I'm a complete noob when it comes to bike mechanics.

Thanks for any help, really wanna get this fixed asap. :)

On the carbie take of the bowl (bottom bit), turn fuel on and hold the floats (big plastic-ish things) up and fuel should come out.

If no fuel then jets are bloked.

Have a look through here to get to know the out side of your carbie:
- http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/25351-different-carby-types-chokes-idle-screws.html

Look through here for the intenals of a carbie:
- http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/30884-carby-cleaning-internals-partial-dismantling.html

Then you can read throught the rest of the tutorial bit of the fourm:
- Carby & Tuning - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Just had exactly the same problem with mine.
First thing i did was clean and check the carb settings. No change.
Second i changed the plug. No change
Third i replaced the coil and cdi. No change
Fourth i checked valve clearances. No change
Fifth i fitted a new inner rotor kit and molkt carb. No change
I then went and bought another new plug. Problem sorted.

Although my bike now runs better than ever, I learned that a new plug does not mean it is not faulty. I would definitely recommend gettin a new plug (or two) and tying that.

Start with the easiest things and work your way up. A new plug will set you back $4, great place to start.

if ya want to know if it is carb related then all you need is a screw driver, air blower and compressor..

make sure the fuel is turned off. remove the air cleaner and in the back of the carb you should see 2 or 3 little holes around the out side.
grab the air blower and blow thru those holes (dont hold the blower flat out tho just a little bit of air pressure is needed) also be careful as fuel will blow out the over flows and air filter hole... look away if you want so you dont get fuel in your eyes lol

this will blow any crap in the carb out of the pilot jet circuit and maybe dislodge anything restricting the main jet..

try and start it now and see if its any better. but remember its only a temp fix to see if its carb related

Hey all, thanks for the responses. I'm fairly confident now that the carburetor just needs to be cleaned and even if that's not the main problem it still needs to be cleaned since it's been sitting for over a year and a half.

I've read a lot of tutorials and stuff about cleaning your carb, I think I could do it but maybe I should just let an actual mechanic do it just in case I **** it up. :p

Back