Bike starts but doesn't run?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
Hey I have a small problem my bike sometimes starts then it just seems to choke and die? , Also if i start with the choke on it starts good, then when i turn the choke off again it chokes again and doesn't start :confused:

Thanks Guys :(

does it idle when its warm?? if it does u might need to adjust ur carby like the idle screw or the needle this might fix ur problem.

Last edited:
It did about 1 hour before this problem started! but now it doen't get a chance o idle cos it just konks out!:(

try the idle screw turn it a little bit and see what happens but make sure u remember where it was just in case that wasnt the problem

would it be worth a try to change the spark plug, and ride with the choke on for i little bit?

wat spark plug is in the bike?? if its china crap then put a NGK one in take your old one with you to like supercheap or autobarn and they will give you the same but NGK...dont ride with your choke on..you should try your idle screw.

is there a tutorial out there, to show were and how to do this?

Thanks

on how to change a plug and turn the choke on!??

No unfortunetly it did not realy help! It would be godd if any one has any pics of the two screws and what they do!

Thanks Daneus :eek:

ive got the same problem except mine runs but not for very long and refuses to start with the choke on. as soon as i ride it, it konks out and dies after about 20 meters on a good day.
i have no idea where the idle screw is so could someone post a diagram or photo please

cheers

Idle screw is on the back of the carb, go around the other side of the bike and put a screw driver over the exhasut pipe and onto the carb, and be carfull not to burn your hand!!

have you guys thought that maybe you havent turned your fuel on? just a thought

Well yeah if you are that new to bikes, check the usuall stuff like the kill switch and the fuel.

Latest posts

Back