bike still won't rev out and dying after it gets hot!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wdingman

Reaction score
I have had this problem for about 5 months now and have replaced alot of parts trying to fit this problem. Well I have a 110cc kinroad pitty and when i was riding with a mate it was going great and then it wouldn't rev out but would still run. later down the track it kept dying after the bike got hot. I though it was something to do with the electrics so I replaced the stator,ignition coil,cdi box and put a new spark plug in her. I took it for a ride and she is still not reving out and clonking out after it gets hot and feels like its got no powers. I replaced the carby (cauce it was old and falling apart) with a new 22mm carby. And no luck it still keeps stuffing up. I have done the valves since then but it still doesn't wanna work. I was just wondering if someone could help me cauce i am at the point where i am going to take it to the pit bike shop soon.

Help please

thanks

when you say replaced i take it your using brand new parts or at least verified working secondhand parts?

have you checked the fuel tank breather
have you made sure the earth connections for the coil and wiring harness are getting good clean earths.
have you disconnected the kill switch or replaced it...
have you checked for vacuum leaks

also since you seem to have done alot to it in hope to fix it, maybe a video showing the problem may prove useful

thanks i will check all of that i just wanted to know what you ment by vacuum leaks??

thanks

the billionth thread about this.....

You need to set your valve clearance, when the bike warms up the valves are being held off the seats

I think this is the best video showing how to do it: YouTube - How to check valve timin on Honda 50 70 cc motors

here's a guide made by one of our members: http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

another good one: QingQi (Qlink) 200GY Illustrated Valve Adjustment - MyChinaMoto

after looking at all those guides you should have a pretty good idea of what you need to do, good luck

a bad exhaust gasket can have similar symptoms too, but that happens as soon as you start the bike and get better once it's warm

Last edited:
will it also fix the reving problem? and are the valves to tight or too loose?

thanks

too tight, you need to set the valves regularly whether there's a problem or not.
It's the most overlooked part of general pitbike maintenance by far.

Latest posts

Back