bike wont start :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murkin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got a second hand bike, its not the most expensive bike lol but what is happening is i cannot kick start teh bike what so ever, i have checked spark plug and cleaned it.. im not sure what else i should do or look at before i take it to the local repair shop. can someone help me?

check to make sure the kill switch is on make sure the fuels on make sure the ignitions on (if its got a key)

done that, and it's still playing up. im wondering if its worth buying one of those BRAND NEW LONCIN 125cc 4 STROKE DIRT BIKE ENGINE elec from ebay for $100 as im pretty sure its stuffed, the kick start feels floppy sometimes and the clutch if fubar (apparently it needs some sort of magnet).. are those ebay engine's any good?

Last edited:
ull need to talk to a guy with more experience than me about that cuz i have no idea about those motors..

Lincoin will do the job , its a shithouse donk but it will run for a while. They arn't the greatest quality and are preety shite compared to the lifans and gpx's. Mybe consider a ducar motor , they aint that bad , cheap and can take a floggin. Most china engines are part and parcel though

do you know where i can get a 125cc Lifan or a ducar motor?

Dont bother with a Loncin or a Ducar, spend the extra $50 or so and get a Lifan. Ebay is ur best bet at getting a new cheap Lifan

whats a good size motor for a Lifan? i just want to know what size i should be looking for.

There is the 125cc starting from about $150+, then there is the 140cc from about $250+ or the 150cc from $400+. So its up to how much u wanna spend but go with a motor that has an all up gear patten as they are more rider friendly.

Ive got a ducar in mine, they aint bad and have and agreement with honda to share parts. therefore DUCAR have some honda parts in them

hey I have a 125 cc renthal bike my mate gave me and it wont start i have cheked the ignition switch I even bypassed the brake switch as it was annoying lol but it wont start.

When I crank the bike over with the kick start there is no spark comming from the plug (I removed it ti see if it would spark) ??

Will these bikes start with a flat battery ?

I cant get the eletric start to work but when I put a screwdriver over the relay for the starter motor it cranks over any ideas ?????????????????

Thanks mike

my brothers got a ducar. and its 3 year old, given it a bit and has held up fine!
any branded engine will be fine.

1) Buy a new NKG spark plug.
2) Check the killswitch.
3) Make sure the fuel line in ON.
4) Re-charge your battery.
5) Give it a good clean.

If it's still not working - take the bike to a professional.

yer id just do a full check over and make sure everything is in order and change the spark plug it might be stuffed, maby drain the carbi or clear it out it might be clogged up if the bikes old and beaten up

Latest posts

Back