Bike wont start.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kompatsu

Reaction score
hey guys, went to fire up my baby for the 1st time, and i got nothing....

i was kicking away for a while, it only sounded like it was goin to start a few times, but it would 'pop' out the carby.

is this a timing problem?
what do i do?

cheers Pat.

check u got fuel in it
check the fuel tap is on
try putting the choke on

ok... got it started but only wen i pull the throttle on wen kicking it.

but it doesnt idle, i gotta keep the throttle on a little bit, and if i let go, it just conks out and im guessing its smoke comes out the carby...

any ideas?

nah i havnt. buggered if i know where it is.

also thr was alot of fuel coming out the tubing coming from the bottom of the carby and the filter sinks like fuel...

i agree with matt here is a pic
Mikuni_Carb_005idlescrew.jpg

turn it clockwise to set the revs higher and anti-clockwise to set the lower

its pretty touchy so i set the revs up a bit then started it and adjusted it to wat was a good idle

the fuel coming out is a screw at the bottom of the carby ill got take a pic to show u

she started, played around with the idle screw and took it for a run down the back. and its got sum balls!
totally 4got bout the choke, so i turned it off. idle ok... but wen i turned the throttle it died....
is it just not warm enough?

is the fuel still coming out the bottom of the carby? did u turn the fuel tap off instead of the choke? because thats wat happens when the carby is starved of fuel, if the fuel is still coming out of the bottom of the carby here's how to fix it

carbyfuelscrew.jpg

haha, nah im turing the choke off...
it has like 3 settings, on, off, and half way, i can run it on half way no worries.

the choke looks like its attached to a butterfly in the carby, and wen it on, the butterfly is open, and wen its off, its closed. it is spose 2 open when the throttle is on?

and i dont think the fuel is leaking any more, it was only coming out wen i was trying 2 start it for ages.

thats wat i figured...

i just gotta get out on sum land so i can run her in and tinker around. my neighbours get mad pissed if i ride it around.

the choke looks like its attached to a butterfly in the carby, and wen it on, the butterfly is open, and wen its off, its closed. it is spose 2 open when the throttle is on?

choke operates the other way round mate...

butterfly closed = choke on
butterfly open = choke off

pull the air cleaner off so you can see it

Latest posts

Back