Billet rear brake lever

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
Ok so everytime you crash on the right hand side of your bike the rear brake lever gets mangled and is a pain in the bum. Catch 22 is for dirt riding you normally use your rear brake more so you need a lever there and you need it to work even after you have had an off.

Whats the solution? stronger brake lever of coarse (or stop crashing but thats no fun...)

This is what you will find available threw most places
rbrakebillet11.jpg

Its the same bend / shape as most rear brake pedals on china bikes but do have a look at your old one to check if its similar.

Fit wise they are ok, but not great. The bend and everything on mine was spot on however the hole to fit over the pivot point was to small and I could not fit the lever onto the bikes frame. I ended up using some sandpaper and lightly sanding down the pivot dowel on the frame and also lightly sanded the inside of the pedal pivot point.

Quality wise once again is ok but not great. The anodizing on mine was more of a pink not a red however the end off my pitpro one fitted straight on. Also where they mount onto the pivot dowel they use a 2 piece setup and the two pieces didn't line up properly creating some small fitment issues. Fairly easily sorted tho.

So whats the conclusion? They cost about as much as 3-4 normal rear brake levers but shouldn't bend anywhere near as easy as the steel ones, they are a bit lighter (not enough to care about but hey its a bonus), they add some good extra bling bling to your bike and they work.

Better finish it off with a pic of mine fitted
rear%20lever.jpg

hahaha
don't get me wrong I would love to win but was also getting sick of having a new section with only 1 review in it. I would encourage everyone to review different after market bits and pieces they have on there bikes, everyone likes to customize there mini's and good information isn't always that easy to find on some parts.

These bend like shit and are super hard to bend them back. They look cool but you should flog the guts out of it then do a review to see the limitations/negatives and positives/advantages of the product

ouch, do I sense a bit of hostility there unit_mx ?
As I don't seem to crash my bike all that often it could take some time for me to bend it, I know that it will be stronger then the standard one, anything will bend with enough force tho....

Maybe you would like to add to the review with your experiences with these? how you bent them ect ect ?

haha nuh no hostility needed just thought I would add my rant. You need to drop your bike more and see the downside to this product ( joking )

ok went out doing minimotard today, crashed twice, scratched the tip of the lever but no bendies, maybe I have to try harder?

do it in the dirt where the lever will actually dig into the ground instead of just skidding over it...

Yep, I second the above comments.
These alloy parts are garbage. They are no stronger (in my experience) than the steel? ones. And when they bend u cant bend them back, they snap in half. They look bling and may weight a little less (negligible) but def aren't worth the coin.
The ONLY alloy part I actually like is the kick start leaver... and this is only because it doesn't dig into your leg when riding. The non-alloy kick start leavers have a kink in them which leave nice bruises on your legs :(

Yep, I second the above comments.
These alloy parts are garbage. They are no stronger (in my experience) than the steel? ones. And when they bend u cant bend them back, they snap in half. They look bling and may weight a little less (negligible) but def aren't worth the coin.
The ONLY alloy part I actually like is the kick start leaver... and this is only because it doesn't dig into your leg when riding. The non-alloy kick start leavers have a kink in them which leave nice bruises on your legs :(

to true ,nice review tho spoony

u can now purchase over the top levers that will solve the bending problem
ken at DHZ sells them for 25 nika ,still steal but they keep it up out of the dirt when ya drop it on the right hand side

good to know
like I said I havn't stuffed mine up yet so can't comment on how it bends but its good to get some other peoples experiences on them and also what other options we have to avoid bent levers.

well even so masterspoon u said u dropped it when u were doing motard so atleast if people are going into motard this will come in handy
ill probly get one for my motard bike
thanks for the info in all ur reviews

Latest posts

Back