Birth of engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
just wondering where a lifan engine comes from is it a china or a jap engine? or somewhere else?

also not just Lifan wat about Ducar and Jailing engines where do they all come from? presumably not the same place...

they come from china.

m0p

yer even daytona engines r in china now, and the 08 moto verts r comin stock with a 125 daytona

dam... bloody hate china stuff =P eveythings being made in china now... ohwell least we know wat we pay for ey?

yeh but cheep is good but shittie quality isnt.. thats the thing with some of the china shit.. QUALITY =)

depends what it is, its usualy cheaper just because they mass produce it. i think thats what daytona r doing

well the moto verts are a rather expensive bike and youd think quality and to be putting hugely mass produced china engines in em ? somethings up

i mean daytona r doing it, motoverts r chineese in the first place lol

they r just puttin em into the motoverts

yeh but putting shit products in a good bike i dunno bad rep ey?
if it aint broke dont fix it =)
haven't heard may story's of the moto verts being shit

darb there are good quality chinese bikes, thumpstar, motovert, pisterpro etc. i dont know where your going with all this lol

yer even daytona engines r in china now, and the 08 moto verts r comin stock with a 125 daytona

Wow!!! Didnt know that! I hate every china engine because the gearboxes break so easily. Broke two lifan gearboxes and my friend broke his jailing gearbox. I think the gearbox parts for the china engines all come from the same factory.

darb there are good quality chinese bikes, thumpstar, motovert, pisterpro etc. i dont know where your going with all this lol

Even those china's break easily, Ive seen thumpys and verts break plenty. Its just the low tolerance materials that go into china's.

Last edited:
Do some research and you will find that the Big jap bike companys Honda-Yamaha-Kawasaki are using China to either make parts for their bikes or in some cases have gone into partnership with Chinese manufacturors. Simple business really.
If you can get a similar product for a fraction of the price then only a foolish businessman will choose the more expensive option.(quality will get better,very little money going into R&D at the moment)
Funnily enough some citys in China have actually banned all motorcycles from the streets.( to try calm pollution). Its illegal to own a motorbike there. Guanzhou comes to mind.
Car production has just started so don't be too suprised to see maybe an Atomik or PitPro or Motovert car appearing on a street near you (god help us then).
China is basically the same that Taiwan was 10-15 yrs ago. Everything had a made in Taiwan sticker on it. Soon everything will have a made in China sticker. Its the way of the future man!!!!!

Maybe you should learn how to change gears smoothly... I know chinas are shit but breaking 2 gearbox's that's pretty bad.

I have 2 china bikes with Ducar engines and never once had a gearbox problem but i've also been riding bikes for a fairly long time on and off the road.

Wow!!! Didnt know that! I hate every china engine because the gearboxes break so easily. Broke two lifan gearboxes and my friend broke his jailing gearbox. I think the gearbox parts for the china engines all come from the same factory.

Even those china's break easily, Ive seen thumpys and verts break plenty. Its just the low tolerance materials that go into china's.

So your saying the Yamaha ttr50 is shit quality??? They are made in China. Soon crf50s will be made in China. Eventually all jap bikes will be manufactured in China.
Dont forget you are paying only a couple of hundred dollars for these engines what are usually found in asian scooters. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Maybe you should learn how to change gears smoothly... I know chinas are shit but breaking 2 gearbox's that's pretty bad.

I have 2 china bikes with Ducar engines and never once had a gearbox problem but i've also been riding bikes for a fairly long time on and off the road.

^^^ I'm with stupid

You have to not know what your doing to break gearboxes. I can change up and down gears clutchless and never once broke any gearbox. Mintard has been doing the same for years. Never, ever broke a gearbox on his road bike, race bike, pitbike etc. If you know how to do it smooth, any gearbox can take punishment.

Thanks Ruby...

I kinda really learnt the most about correct gearbox treatment riding mt dads BMW R1100S, now anybody that knows anything about these bikes will know they have majorly clunky gearbox's if you don't know what your doing.

They actually are easier to change without the clutch and getting the revs right with correct pressure.

It's made me a much better changer on all my bikes whether it be road, dirt or my piece of crap china pitty.

i remember two years ago china was making pw50's for yamaha! but under a strict quality controll... there is nothing wrong with china! if you ask for a cheap bike, then they will use cheap materials and you will have a cheap bike! if you ask for a good bike they will use good materials and make a good bike! its all about what the buyers want... and that is anything cheap

they are mearly providing us with what we want... unlike other country's which make everything under a strict guideline

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back