Bleeding the Brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyboyz

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if bleeding the brakes and running some good fluid in them makes much of a difference? they work fine now but have the china fluid in them, just wondering if its worth while and makes a big difference?

Huge difference mate its defiantly worth doing IMO I did it on my motovert and was amazed how much better it felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

you probably wont notice till you do some road work.. (get them hot enough) but as soon as you do they will get spongy and before you know it you will be over the berm because your brakes did not work because the fluid boiled..

you shoudl replace the fluid once a yr atleast because its hydroscopic and sucks up and mates with water.. then the water boils then it does not hold its pressure when you push the break

well one of my bikes is probably due for it then and the other is pretty new but figured id just change it out. ive heard they can be a pain in the ass with air getting trapped in them? ive got a one man bleeder with a check valve on it do you guys think that its a pretty easy job? im pretty new to working on pit bikes so im still a lil cautious when it comes to messing with stuff

Just make sure you hold the lever in when sealing up then pump pump pump, it's pretty easy there's vids on YouTube on how to do it all you really need is a bit of fuel line to put on the nipple then back up over the caliper.

yeah i searched it on here seems like a few people have had issues with it hopefully should be all good with the bleeding kit i have shouldnt let air back through

question if i have a bleeding kit with a check valve do i still have to tighten the nipple each time or can i just pump it till new fluid comes through ?

The way I did it is just put some hose on the nipple and rout it up over the fork guard or just higher then the caliper and into a ice cream container, open up the reservoir, crack open the nipple and pump your brake be sure not to pump all the fluid out, keep it just above the hole, keep putting in new fluid and pumping out the old till you see the new come out, tighten the nut up on the nipple and fill the remainder of the reservoir to the top while having the lever pulled in put the cap back on and then pump away. Your done.

sounds pretty easy i'll give it a shot and hope i dont stuff it up and get air in the system haha

Latest posts

Back