blown head gasket

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

146cc_outlaw

Reaction score
hi guys i have blown my head gasket in my lifan 146 stroker and i cant find anyone that sells them can anyone help and with any good ideas to stop this from happening again cos when it went it just pissed out oil from the exhaust with a big puff of smoke oh and its a 57mm piston

hey mate badluck for that but somthing has too cause that gasket too blow whether you have blown rings or somthing but i can buy this stuff and too make your own gasket its pretty thick and you cut it out too suit the sizes and everything but go to like conventry auto or supercheap auto man good luck dude.

hmmm blown a head gasket eyy
check ur crankcase breatherhose
somthing has had to build that kinda of pressure up
head gaskets just dont "blow" on there own accord

no the hole thing didnt just blow it just started leaking oil into the piston and started blowing smoke realy f'ing bad i think it just might of been a shit gasket cos i just looked at it and the metal insert is loose so i think that might be it cos there is no comp loss or anything

if they dont sell them I spose you will have to buy the gasket paper and cut it out yourself?

ok kool thanks guys i tried cutting a paper one out but it didnt work that well so iv just put the std bore and piston back in it till i find a gasket

how far down the bore is your piston at TDC?

Head gaskets have metal to protect the gasket material from high pressure flame ..... normal gasket paper won't do squat ........ it sounds like you'd be better off sourcing a copper head gasket for a 57 mm bore ...... also did you fit the rubber 0-ring and the metal sleeve over the bottom RHS cylinder stud (oil supply gallery) and torque the head down in stages using a cross hatch pattern ?

mate i might have something for you as i have a couple of aluminium head gaskets left over from my 141 build, they are for a 57mm piston too, pm me for more details.

is there any chance of making one from copper. i have done it b4 for car turbos. i guess car turbos are a lil less high tech as there are no oil galleries and stuff but it wasnt to hard

converting 146cc to 160cc stroker

its all good guys i got a set off ebay 15 bucks to my door which i think is cheap but now i have a problem with my head it just through my spark plug out the side but its getting re helicoiled as we speak (type) so ill be back on the track tonight woohoo but now next mission is to make my 120 monster which is already a 146cc into a 160cc with high comp piston and a bigger stroker pin and spacer plate

no the hole thing didnt just blow it just started leaking oil into the piston and started blowing smoke realy f'ing bad i think it just might of been a shit gasket cos i just looked at it and the metal insert is loose so i think that might be it cos there is no comp loss or anything

haha same shit happened to me, pissed off bad, and franky who was helping me, happened to leave my bike the way he dismantled it. not many people have them in stock rushing round to many stores id rather pay what ever the price is and get it up front then stuf around with postage and all that shit

mxb_125 check your pms, i can help you out, got a spare set

The Alloy gaskets are the go for the big bore kits. As for going 160 by stroking............bad move unless your going to fit 20mm longer rod,studs and spacer. We stroked a couple of motors doing R&D from standard 57mm out to 59-61.5 not anything I will be doing for a motor that needs to rev again in a hurry. Here's Why ................the crank angle gets all F*&^%d up and you end up dropping power in the higher rev range very rapidly because the piston is trying to push through the cylider wall 1/2 way through the stroke because of the massive angles rather than move up the cylinder. The only way is to increase the rod length (and studs and spacer at bottom of cyl and cam chain) as well to reduce these horrid angles. The stroked motors make great bottom end though but will hate to rev (this is from experience). Here is some food for thought.......why do the jap 450's only run 60-62mm strokes with 90+mm pistons............. 1 good reason, they get reliability from big pistons. Yeah its hard work to get bigger than 59mm into the china's but were working on it.......... Try to find some guys that actually have worked on these things and failures and success they will have some idea what there doing. Then see if they will give you any advice. It can save you time and money not to mention some hard work.

Latest posts

Back