boring out 107

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossetti

Reaction score
he guys just wondering if i put a 125 barrell and piston would they fit the studs on a 107cc and will the head and everything still fit?

in theory this will work bolt together and line up however i believe the stroke on the 125 is different to that of the 107/110 which means when firing the engine up massive internal damage will occur so not really a good idea if its a 125cc engine you want buy that as they are cheap as chips these days

i was thinkin of doing that to my 107c to hmmmmm

i dont really understand but if its a different stroke , and the cylinder height everything is still the same how can it create damage etccc it would just make it a different CC then 107/125??

107 and 125 have different stud spacing. Some 107 (110) barrels will bore out to 56mm (yx140 piston), but not all. That makes 122cc. I'm running this setup in my twincam. Do you have a 2 or 3 valve head? I reckon it would work with the 2 valve but its gonna be quite a lot of dicking around if you're not entirely sure what you're doing.

kk htanks guyz ill leave it stock then(it was still kickin all my mates bikes anyways lolz)

i believe the stroke is different which means when the piston comes up to the top of the cylinder in will keep going and smash valves etc really not a good idea

a different stroke means it makes it longer but still will be TDC at the same spot? just will go down the barrel further right? if so couldnt be damage to valves

i hope im thinking right....

You can build any combination of bore and stroke you want, you just have to know what you're doing! An engine isn't made of lego. You can use a different length con-rod, you can machine the top of the piston, theres heaps of tricks to building a custom stroker.

Latest posts

Back