Brakes, why you do this??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Just put the wifes bike back together yesterday (i was in pieces as i needed spares for racing :) ) Anyway put the front end back together including the bars, front wheel, and controls, now these (the controls) have been having of the bike for nearly 12mths now. Anyway, after fitting everything back together i went to test the front brakes and found they have 0 pressure, even after a fair few pulls, there was no pressure building at all. So i removed the lid for the brake fluid and i swear it was full of water, no brake fluid to be seen, well it at least didn't look like brake fluid nor did it have any smell or texture. Any ideas on what could of happend? Is it brake fluid and i'm just retarted? I was going to to empty the lot, then bleed what remains and start with fresh fluid, but got me worried as to why i cannot get pressure there?

Ahh man I feel your pain. China brakes are the bloody worse.

I know when brake fluid get's condensation in it, it basically makes the brake fluid go off and eventually it turns to something resembling water.

The lack of pressure is air in the line which is typical on the china bikes.

Just get some new fluid, a 6 pack of beer and start the crappy process of bleeding the buggers.

You guys are lucky i have one of my mates and it wont take in ANY FLUID.

FIGJAM undid bleed screw and removed top off the fluid reservoir, few pulls on the leer and the fluid stated flowing and flowing free (dunno if thats good or bad) topped up reservoir once emptied then repeated until it stated flowing (by itself) out the bleed screw, topped up once again, grabbed the brake lever, tightened the bleed screw and wallah, pressure is back and brakes are now sweet :) Didn't even get to finish my first beer....

Rule no.1
Always finish first beer before attempting anything!

Even if that includes your morning shower!

I don't make the rules, I just tell it how it is!

FIGJAM undid bleed screw and removed top off the fluid reservoir, few pulls on the leer and the fluid stated flowing and flowing free (dunno if thats good or bad) topped up reservoir once emptied then repeated until it stated flowing (by itself) out the bleed screw, topped up once again, grabbed the brake lever, tightened the bleed screw and wallah, pressure is back and brakes are now sweet :) Didn't even get to finish my first beer....

Far out man. I don't know what the bloody hell I have been doing wrong then. Wish it was that easy for me.

my Atomik Fuse brakes were easy too,
i just took the caps off the master, put some hose on the the bleed screws, cracked them, and topped up the masters with new fluid as the level lowered.
once the new fluids' colour was coming out the tube, i locked them up, all done.

the original Atomik china brake fluid was as thin as...

the original Atomik china brake fluid was as thin as...

Yep, thinking i may of been fluid in them after all, not water. As for beer, well i knock off at 12 today and shall be beering till sunday afternoon :) Got a new batch to make tonight too :)

The brakes on my psto bearly even worked chaned the china fluid for good suff and they are real good now
I always get rid off the china brake fluid stright away

Latest posts

Back