brand new lifan 125cc blowing smoke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davespitty

Reaction score
just got a new lifan 125cc engine and bolted it in and got it running and its blowing heaps of smoke, muffler tip coated in oil and the breather wasnt clogged its got me quiet confused any help will be awesome like a carbie tuning pdf manual for a mikuni

:bigcry:

Nah got that planned for the weekend just been cruzin around the backyard with the original oil and I'm gunna put 15-40w in it not gunna buy crap oil. Motor doesn't blow smoke anymore it just must have been tipped up during delivery

mate, would not run on stock oil, its really bad stuff and is only made for shiping the engine and not starting the thing

Running time was only like 5 mins and cold windy day just basically idling around but yeah I got some oil out to have a look at it and its pretty thin stuff. But that's what the guy said from the pity shop said he runs all his new motors till operating temp then chuck new oil in it so ill be doing that to on pay day

i know its not blowing smoke now but what was the old engine like? blowing heaps of smoke i gather!!
the exhaust would of been filled and burned out with heat from the new engine..

Nah I rewrapped the pipe in the muffler, had a big sheet of exhaust wrap sitting in the shed (knew it would come in handy one day) and put a couple of hose clamps on it. But yeah the old motor was blowing that much smoke half hour of riding and ya would be feeling sick. I had a year till I got my new motor so everything on the bike got stripped down and detailed waste of time but it kept me keen on fixing it instead of just forgetting about it and leaving it in the shed

Latest posts

Back