Breather Hose cap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davis

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out if its necssary to have a cap in the top of the breather hose on the fuel tank cap. At the moment i just have the hose with no cap on it because thats how it came, Are these caps left on there permantley when riding or do you remover them to allow the breather hose to work?

It's fine mate, might spit a little fuel at ya is all. I'd chuck a screw in it!
But I'm dodgy. ;)

The little breather cap allows air to flow from the tank without letting the fuel splash out. It should be left on full time. Alternatively you can get a longer length of fuel hose attach it to your fuel cap n drop the other end down you head stem.

ok cool thanks, anyone know where i can get just the cap or do i need to buy a whole new hose?

cool saw those just wondering if you can get just the cap and not the hose?

I know the price im just asking a question.

I don't think so, and not sure about putting a screw in it either, it is supposed to allow air in as the fuel goes down, if no air goes in, no fuel comes out and no combustion in the chamber....
Anyway, don't get too worried about it if there isn't one but it would be best to have one if your rind in rain etc as a precaution.

the breathers with a one way valve (ball bearing etc) are basically there to let the fumes out of the tank if it gets warm etc, and to not allow dirt/water back into the tank, it also helps to save the tank from splitting heat from expansion etc.

you could get a breather hose end clip from suzuki
clip it on your bars or basically anywhere it'll fit, and push your hose on
you can get an aftermarket one too
MX1 Australia - Product Details

Latest posts

Back