breather kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noidea said:
ps, supercheap auto is not exactly the place i would go for advice... hence the name; supercheap.

lol, true. i dont have a welder or threadlocker at home so i couldnt really do either of those options anyway...

glue. Put a few drops on the thread and screw it in. You would want to go for the strongest stuff u can get.

ok. i'll see if i get any performance gains out of my current breather kit and see how well it stays in place, then i'll decide if i should upgrade to a more sophisticated kit. i might build my own oil cooler too (that is, if they actually work???)

r1_rider said:
its funny though that nearly every performance auto shop in the world has them for sale but you guys dont seem to think that they would work???
it's called a gimmick, they just make things so people buy them and they get their money, just a way for you to buy more bling.

noidea said:
glue. Put a few drops on the thread and screw it in. You would want to go for the strongest stuff u can get.

you evil bastard, you trying to drive him insane?! he only needs loctite 243 medium strength, its oil tolerant, the high strength stuff (like 277) is too strong for any bike stuff, the 6 series stuff and similar is really only for playing pranks on apprenctices, its ridiculously strong and shouldnt really be used if you plan on removing that bolt later on, try it if you dont believe me lol

No-Fear said:
it's called a gimmick, they just make things so people buy them and they get their money, just a way for you to buy more bling.

they just dont work on these horizontal motors, most pressure is in the crank case and is relieved with the crank case breather, car engines are different, a valve breather is essential for a car engine because they sit at the top of the engine, with these horizontal motors the valves are to the side getting bathed in plenty of oil

um sympozium, its not somethign he wants to ever remove? A pipe fitting in his valve cover... thats why i suggested welding?

These breathers are a gimik and waste of time. Just put ur cover back on and keep riding ;-)

ok i think i will go back to the store and get the $7 refund... but you know, i feel sorry for people like X6DR who bought a PBU breather kit for $70 :eek: that would hurt

i heared there is no difference betweem a gas shock and a normal shock the gas is a gimmik to what you all think cheers

well we were talking bout things that were gimmiks so i think it has some relevants to this thread so what u all think lmao cheers

noidea said:
um sympozium, its not somethign he wants to ever remove? A pipe fitting in his valve cover... thats why i suggested welding?

of course hed of wanted to take it apart, when he realised it doesent do jack and he wasted a good fitting haha

Pressure can not build in these heads. It is equal right throughout the crankcase and relieved out of the breather hose there. The cam will throw tons of oil at that filter and fill it. Guys also run breathers off the oil filler plug but endup losing oil out the end of their hoses no matter how long they are. I have seen results of with and without a breather, tested on dyno by a guy who knows his shit. Right up to 12000 revs. Didn't do diddly squat.

I think its a monkey bike bling thing outa europe.

"of course hed of wanted to take it apart, when he realised it doesent do jack and he wasted a good fitting haha"

and run his engine with a hole in his valve cover?

well i have taken off the breather filter and put the valve cap back on. it was not only due to ur advice though... when i tried to start the bike with the breather filter on it wouldnt start and upon kick starting it it kept getting stuck as if the valve was hitting the side of the breather filter. so i took it off and put the valve cap back on and the bike started first kick.

thanks for ur help guys. and just one other thing - would an oil cooler be any better than a breather kit? (judging by reports i have heard...)

noidea said:
"of course hed of wanted to take it apart, when he realised it doesent do jack and he wasted a good fitting haha"

and run his engine with a hole in his valve cover?

lol wouldnt be hard to plug it up

Yea, oil cooler is much better option than breather.

But if your racing your bike on road and its not heavily modified i wouldnt bother.

noidea said:
Yea, oil cooler is much better option than breather.

But if your racing your bike on road and its not heavily modified i wouldnt bother.

yes it is a road bike i would be using the oil cooler on, and no, it's not heavily modified (only has 21mm carby, high flow fuel lines, ngk plug, ported intake manifold)... so i guess that answers my question then. thanks for ur help once again guys :)

Latest posts

Back