Broken 150cc casing! with pics!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy150

Reaction score
Hi all,

just noticed oil flooding out the back of my motor when i started it yesterday afternoon and found the cause, a huge crack going through the back of the casing, so im trying to do a warranty claim from atomik motorsports and see how i go.

if i end up having to replace the motor myself does anyone no for certain which motors have stronger casings? im sure this casing cracked because it wasnt strong enuf to withstand the forces needed to kick start the high compression 150cc's.

are the 140cc's as prone to case breakage?

heres the pics,

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• crackedcase1.JPG
    crackedcase1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 164
  • crackedcase2.JPG
    crackedcase2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 131
What kind of engine is it? Looks identical to the split in the casings of my mates Atomik Nitrous 150cc. (YX motor) ive attached a pic. My Atomik Reign 150cc has been fine, the Lifan 150cc is very reliable.

We got warrenty on my mates bike, and atomik sent us a brand new engine, it was actually a different design and its a "dirtmax" engine instead, will see how it goes.

Attachments

• 100_4520.jpg
    100_4520.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
What kind of engine is it? Looks identical to the split in the casings of my mates Atomik Nitrous 150cc. (YX motor) ive attached a pic. My Atomik Reign 150cc has been fine, the Lifan 150cc is very reliable.

We got warrenty on my mates bike, and atomik sent us a brand new engine, it was actually a different design and its a "dirtmax" engine instead, will see how it goes.

hey mate, yeah its a yx 150cc, i have the same bike, atomik 150cc reign bigfoot, but i think they used to come with the LIFAN 150cc mine definetly came with the yx 150cc. I have also sent away a warranty request, ill see how it goes.

just past the compression point cactus(pretty sure he said it) said in another thread. After doing on compression point and now doin it on the a lil bit past it ...I prefer the just a bit past it. mine starts first kick(without any throttle at all) whereas it would take a few kicks to get going and was a prick to get goin

easiest way...put it in first, roll it back until it stops , then kick the sh!t out of it!!

well i have got a replacement YX150cc motor from atomik motorsports and fitted it to my bike, (guys at atomik are awesome :) ) and im to scared to start the thing now cause it kicks back like the old one, even following all the correct starting procedures it will sometimes still kick back everynow n then!

am ordering a new CDI to replace the old just to rule out a faulty CDI with wrong timing... see how i go after that i spose

cdi got nothing to do with timing...try to retard the irk a bit...helps with the kickback!!

hey mate, thanks for the advice, how do you go about changing the timing exactly? ive had a look and u cant moove the magnet on the "flywheel" (i think its the flywheel) or the pickup that the magnet moves past, am i right by saying, moving the pickup in the same direction the flywheel travels will retard the timing and moving it the other way will advance the timing?

yeah i just cant see how anything moves letting me adjust the timing thats all.

The crank tries to reverse sharply while you are forcing it to spin in the right direction to start the engine ... Since the gear teeth are sloped , the gears have a tendency to wedge the shafts apart ... Something has to give so the cases crack ... The shock of a kick back can be similar to belting the end of a gear shaft with a lump hammer or even a sledge hammer ...

I wonder when the Chinese will finally supply these things fitted with a manual decompression setup ...

Latest posts

Back