brothers rx7 series 1

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallyhoe

Reaction score
my brother has lost his license and he recently brought a rx7 serires 1 bout 3 months ago i think its around 1987 or sumthing pretty old but the engine has been looked after magnificiantly and scince he cant drive hes decided to paint it and get some other mods and my dad has 12 years of painting and body workk under his belt so we can do it cheap hes only started finding all the rust spots and fixxed one of the major ones .. half of the car is in and half of the car is out of the garage so couldnt get a full photo but heres some anyways and heres a pic of the coulor he is getting..

heres the main spot fixxed i didnt get a pic of it b4
P1020024.jpg

Rear
P1020025.jpg

Rear right patch =[
P1020026.jpg

middle right getting worked on
P1020027.jpg

same
P1020028.jpg

front
P1020029.jpg

those are all the ones i got so far i will get more az project continues

and here is the pic of the colour he wants
theres two tell me wich one would suit the car i reckon the purple

morphlivehi02smallfl8.jpg

2007-holden-ve-ss-v-ute-green-front.jpg

we should have a sub forum for bloody car talk the way things are going here...

mmm i like series 1 Rx7's the 13b's feel like a two stroke but in a car!! lol

we should have a sub forum for bloody car talk the way things are going here...

mmm i like series 1 Rx7's the 13b's feel like a two stroke but in a car!! lol

hmm yeha i love the sound of 13bs and 12 A's this just has a stock rotary rx7 motor in it dont noe wich one but and if you think rotarys are like 2 stroke watch this vid these engines are called vtec its like powerband

YouTube - vtec

have fun mate yeah make a thingy for cars and call it like rides or car projects or sumthing

think the series one only come out with teh 12a. but i MAY be wrong.. 13 monster port.. wont last long but MY GOD.. will it put a smile on your face! :D

pop the bonnet(backwards) and get a pic of the engine.. it will have it clearly marked if its a 12a or 13b...

the front and rear screen 'drains' are probably the most common spot of 99% of older cars to rust.. same goes for behind front guards before the door..

mata had a series two with a mild ext. port.. we had only just both got our license's maybe a month earlier and was the first car i hit 200kph in... 3 up with me lying across the back seats.. they get a little unsettled goin sideways to... like to piroet and make you see circles.. also dont use the 'im reving to hard buzzer(heard on the back right) as a shift indicator..... your gearbox will thank you and apex seals WILL last longer.

ugh.. vtec's.. 'variable timing electronicly controled...' another thing to go wrong!

paint wise.. back to original.. either in the blood red.. or the sky blue... although if he can FIND a 'daytona' kit.. BLACK.. as they are Hotter than HELL! :D
mariah-rx7mode1.jpg

keep up the pics. more details!

Last edited:
FOOLSP33D

yeah sure will keep the pics up and the the rear drain thing is rusty ill get a pic of the interior tomorrow its mad ( i reckon) with all the old gauges and stuff and the motor is a

heres some pics of the engine and interior it took me bout 30 mins to find the thing to pop the bonet lol ...

cool original gauges
P1020032.jpg

dusty from bosy work
P1020033.jpg

engine bit dirty though hasnt had a proper clean yet shall do soon
P1020030.jpg

enigine
P1020031.jpg

tonight i just found out my brother is moving back home so he will be here to help my dad so this project will be done next 3 months hopefully witch will be paint rims lowered suspesion and interior and exhaust and for his b-day my dad getting him a turbo kit

oooo povo pack. nah its better.. elec windows ALWAYS fail.. hey least the alternator is clean and blingy lol. skip the turbo and keep it NA.. a decent exhaust, new ruber all round, pedders srpings.. harness, window nets.. cams license... :D

gotta love the series one rx7s. actually gotta love all the series :D
botta love the sound a a decent rotary too.
13b turbo that be a good trick to show ya mates :D

I was at the scrap metal joint the oter day and there was a Rx7 there in bits with a box of tools in the back. It turns out that old mate bought it to do up and bought some tools. Pulled it apart and couldnt finish it so his parents took it and the tools and sold it for scrap.

^^^ hahahhaa, some one is cursing their olds! they are getting pretty rare the older series rotor.. would love any pre 85.. :)

It was a POS and had bog everywhere. He had paint stripped it realised it needed a new quarter panel (he might not have realised it needed it but you would not have been able to smooth it back out without 10,000 heat shrinks)and bulk rust work which was way beyond a backyarder. His oldies did him a favor.

capella for me
they are choice
i've seen one with a twin turbo 13b in it
super fast
i'd nearly swap my house for it

Foolsp33d it aint a povo one he got it for 3000 and he only got it because they are getting rare like sum1 said and hes always loved rotarys and he wants to do 1 up so here it is and hes 4th year mechanic apprentiship so he loves fiddiling around with it

Heres a topic i could talk about all day:D

I have ahd a few rotors i have built from the ground up. my 1982 S2 RX7 13BT with a fair bit of after market/custom stuff (microtech ecu, hiflo hybrid turbo,FMIC, 6 puk brass button clutch, S5 turbo box, Guru motorsports LSD, F90 Simmons etc)

IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0299.jpg

RX7S2-4.jpg

here my old RX3 club car (still kept my number plates though )

1976 RX3 coupe super delux
-custom metalic blue with green pearl
-16x7(f) 16x8(r) ROH Chicane 3 piece wheels
-ROTARY number plates

Engine and driveline
- RX4 13B monster BP IPRA motor with all port work done my Mazfix, motor build by morgan motorsport
-3mm 2 piece mazda race seals
-51ida weber, port matched and flowed manifold, hi rise K&N filter
-2.25" primarys running back to the diff into 3" over diff into rotaflow muffler (fucking loud @101db)
-HiFlo oil pump, windowed bearings and baffled sump
-Speedflow oil cooler, fuel lines etc
-dowled for extra strength at 9000rpm+
-W58 supra 5 speed, twin plate clutch
-lightend alloy flywheel
-Hardy spicer 3"tailshaft
-Shortend hilux diff, EZ locker center (detroit locker), billet axles, 4.3:1 ratio
-makes 167rwkw at 9600rpm top speed of 237km/h (GPS verified)

Brakes and Suspension
-Girlock calipers(f)
-custom backing plates and brake lines
-280mm cross drilled and slotted rotors on custom hubs
-standard hilux drums with smaller wheel culinder to give more bite
-King springs up front with S3 RX7 struts and decarbon shocks
-Reset leaf rear end with decarbon shocks
-lowered 3"all way round
-upgrade front sway bar

Interior
-Cobra fixed back race seats
-SAAS harness x2
-Autometer C2 5"tacho w/shift light
-Autometer C2 2 1/16th Water temp, oil Press., and volt guages in C/F cups
-Rewired stripping out 5kg of crap and stereo
-Momo wheel and gear knob
-New carpet up front, painted rear floor with back seat removed
-all original door skins, back pannels, roof lining and dash

There is heaps more but its late and my brain is dead

CopyofP8260040clean.jpg

P8260001a.jpg

P8260038a.jpg

Bigflame.jpg

YouTube - RX3 coupe

Last edited:
he recently brought a rx7 serires 1 bout 3 months ago i think its around 1987 or sumthing pretty old

Being a S1 RX7 it will be either 1979 or 1980 (sa22c), 1987 would make it a S5 RX7 (FC)
;)

here my old RX3 club car (still kept my number plates though )

1976 RX3 coupe super delux
-custom metalic blue with green pearl
-16x7(f) 16x8(r) ROH Chicane 3 piece wheels
-ROTARY number plates

Engine and driveline
- RX4 13B monster BP IPRA motor with all port work done my Mazfix, motor build by morgan motorsport
-3mm 2 piece mazda race seals
-51ida weber, port matched and flowed manifold, hi rise K&N filter
-2.25" primarys running back to the diff into 3" over diff into rotaflow muffler (fucking loud @101db)
-HiFlo oil pump, windowed bearings and baffled sump
-Speedflow oil cooler, fuel lines etc
-dowled for extra strength at 9000rpm+
-W58 supra 5 speed, twin plate clutch
-lightend alloy flywheel
-Hardy spicer 3"tailshaft
-Shortend hilux diff, EZ locker center (detroit locker), billet axles, 4.3:1 ratio
-makes 167rwkw at 9600rpm top speed of 237km/h (GPS verified)

Brakes and Suspension
-Girlock calipers(f)
-custom backing plates and brake lines
-280mm cross drilled and slotted rotors on custom hubs
-standard hilux drums with smaller wheel culinder to give more bite
-King springs up front with S3 RX7 struts and decarbon shocks
-Reset leaf rear end with decarbon shocks
-lowered 3"all way round
-upgrade front sway bar

Interior
-Cobra fixed back race seats
-SAAS harness x2
-Autometer C2 5"tacho w/shift light
-Autometer C2 2 1/16th Water temp, oil Press., and volt guages in C/F cups
-Rewired stripping out 5kg of crap and stereo
-Momo wheel and gear knob
-New carpet up front, painted rear floor with back seat removed
-all original door skins, back pannels, roof lining and dash

There is heaps more but its late and my brain is dead

CopyofP8260040clean.jpg

P8260001a.jpg

P8260038a.jpg

Bigflame.jpg

YouTube - RX3 coupe

now this is the shiz
these things whip 360's like nothing happend
top little rig this one to
imagine how it would go if you through 10g's worth of motor in her
mmmmmmmmmm

She wasnt far off having a 10G motor in it lol I could have chucked a turbo setup in making twice the power like my other rotor BUT cause it was for club racing i had to have a period motor. The motor was able to rev to 10,500rpm, and had every bit of NA voodoo black magic done to it. Not cheap to build especially considering everything was bought NOS from mazda so the motor was truely brand new

220rwhp in a car weighing 826kg with fuel and fluids will blow your mind lol. Thats the same as a 500rwhp VT commo as far power to weight goes:D (except my car handle and stopped alot better hahahaha)

That car was a peach but i had to sell it a few months bac cause i decided to go to uni this year.

The current shell i have in the shed once done will be my best yet and will peel pantys off women at 100 feet:eek:

Last edited:
Pittin would you sell my bro cant find any so far and i really want him to get this colour its soooooo gooooood .lol isnt it called morpheus purple of sumthing??

Latest posts

Back