Building my Own Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
gday guys,
for my next bike im thinking of building my own bike so that i can learn more about them. i am extremely mechanical minded and it should be quite easy for me.
i just want to know what frame to start with.
on east 50's site they have a twin tube frame for $90, but as im new to this i dont know what to look for frame wise.

its not going to be a super expensive bike, just a bike thats a good step away from crappy chinese ebay bikes.

can anybody please tell me what frames to look for and some websites that sell them.
cheers

as for an engine, im thinking of putting a GPX YX 160cc MOTOR motor in, unless i can find a better option for the same amount of money or less

its going to be a slow build, but i need a frame to start off with, so thats my main focus at the moment

and another question, do any companies sell full high tensile bolt kits? or will i need to get the bolts from a bolt shop?

bolt shop is the way to go, that way ya get what ya want tensile, size etc

ok well do you wanna build jus a normal sized pitty or a mid sized, klx style or crf as for the engine i have heard that the yx 160s arent that great and lifan 150's seem to be the way to go i have one and they rip, for the bolts go to a bolt shop with the old ones ans they should be able to match them.

can anyone help me?
what is a good frame to use to make a midsized crf style bike?
links to websites or info would be great.
cheers

dhz twin spar in cro mo? i dunno. go look thru the classifieds, theres a few different frames there...and ebay...

that talk of bolt kits...hmmm, hmm, interesting... can buy bolts in bulk for sweet fa...

hmmm:)

hey mate,
how much for that exact same frame with a really good quality swingarm?
cheers

hey mate,
pm me a few pictures of the frames and swingarm, because ive been looking around and it looks cheaper to buy off ebay

Latest posts

Back