Building my Own Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer can you also get some pics of 70 frame cheers......sorry for taking over your a thread a bit mate

as little as possible but at the same time i want something that can thold do jumps and mx and that

hey guys,
ive got the frame, now im just wondering what size swingarm to get to make it a crf style bike.
any info on sizing for swing arms would be great.
cheers

shockie mount is going to be the issue whether you go standard crf style swingarm, with the bracing loop, or the other style with just the cross bar...

is it like a standard crf frame or is it like the other types? dhz etc?

good score for $80

standard dhz style swingarm then...the guy would probably have them there anyway when you pick it up.

i love those trellis frames....

talk to mattbombers from what iv read he can get all sorts of stuff at cheap price and post if you need.

[Pro Reinforced Pitbike Cradle Frame motovert125cc 140cc - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-May-09 18:19:58 AEST)
thats the frame]

What size is the swingarm pivot bore ?? ... I haven't checked mine on the DHZ 150 but I have two earlier orange twin trellis frames and they have a 12 mm pivot bore ... One thing I can assure you is that they ARE made from high tensile steel ... My rear sub frame loop was welded on a bit twisted during manufacture and it was annoying me every time I looked at it so I clamped a 4 ft length of RHS onto it thinking I'd be able to twist it back to level easily ... I'm fairly strongly built but man I had to put some effort into it not once but about 4 times to get it to stay level ... and I was twisting that fricken bar to about a 70 degree angle each time ... They're like spring steel ... I must have looked like a madman trying to wrestle a bull to the ground by its horns ... Anyone who says these frames are weak is full of it ...

Anyway , they take a 455 mm long swingarm which is different to the standard ones ... it's a lot stronger ... the shock mount cross bar is 50 x 50 and looks to be solid alloy ... it's straight across at the front but curved at the rear and the shock mount lugs are 15 mm thick ... DHZ's Pro Circuit copy pipe has the proper shaped head pipe to match the rear subframe angle and height ... plus they'll clear a Lifan 150 better to allow easier access to the oil filler plug ...

Here's a thread with more iinfo on 'em ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/20902-trellis-frame.html

get a twin trellis fram they r real strong an have a cradel for the motor to sit in instead of it just being helg by two bolts...

Hey SIKKO, its me NB off AUSRC!!!

I am currently putting my MSO together, having problems getting the engine mounted into the frame. But getting there... Going this weekend to pick heaps of parts for the bike so I can get some more stuff done!

gday mate,
that sounds awesome, as you can see im having trouble picking what parts to use as this is my first build

the first one sorta looks like its meant for drum brakes, the way that tag is made...the one with the recessed shock mount.

the other one sorta looks like a disc version... and would be my choice.

except for the dhz one. id go that way... supporting aussie business and all that garbage:)

Yeah the DHZ swingarm looks OK ... just email him to get the length specs ... Those swingarms from the US are nothing special and will cost too much by the time they're shipped to your door ...

Latest posts

Back