Building my Own Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys,
i have ordered myself a DNM MST-BAG rear shock for the bike, so now im getting stuck into the front forks.

i am guessing that a midsized crf style bike uses 645mm shocks (please correct me if im wrong).
what bikes use the 735mm forks?

i will either be using marzocchi or fastace forks. the marzocchi 645mm shocks only have 5 inches of travel though, which is a bit worrying. fastace have forks that have alot more travel for the same size shock, so i dont know which to get.

if i should be running 735mm shocks please tell me, or if there is a way to set my bike up so that it uses the bigger shocks (if i decide to fork out the money for shivers then i would like to set my bike up for that, but chances are i will want to go the cheaper option with 645mm forks)

so any definitive help on the forks would be great.
cheers

haha ok ill throw a few pics up when i get home.
i was planning on using this thread for all of my questions then making a new one with build pics once all of my parts arrive.

if anyone could help me with a fork choice or tell me some things i should look for in forks that would be great

as requested, here is a pic of my progress.
IMG_0376.jpg

my rear shock is on its way and im on the lookout for some marzocchi shivers, this build is starting to heat up

ok sorry bud!

I was prven wrong!

The builds looking good though

ok you need 735mm forks.....if your only doing medium jumps and bit of bashing yo dont need shivers there a 1000 bucks for the 735 if i were you i would go those GPX and probly put a heavier fork oil or go the fastace but it depends how much you wanna spend

Last edited:
yeah after research i am thinking fastace.
apparently those GPX forks are total crap?

which forks would you recommend?
i really need to know
cheers

go have a visit to DHZ...kens a good man and will help you out with the GPX's

yeah after research i am thinking fastace.
apparently those GPX forks are total crap?

might need to rethink your fork overall length mate. i built a bike from the ground up, using the same frame and swingarm as you have. i used GPX 735mm forks (which arent as bad as the hype would suggest. not as good as Fast-ace forks, but my set of GPX's do a pretty good job of holding my 90kg off the ground)
but yeah anyways, i built the same set up as you, using 735mm forks, and found it massively rakes the front end out. 645mm might work a bit better, and not make your bike look like a chopper.
i would suggest speaking to Ken at DHZ Mini Moto, and asking what length forks he uses on his 160 mid size bikes... that should give you a better idea.
if you arent quite sure what i mean by the rake of the front end using 735mm forks, have a look at the pics of the yellow 140 on my profile. you'll see i used the same forks, and shock/swingarm set up as you are...

Latest posts

Back