building

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggun

Reaction score
Hey guys as some of you may know i am building a pitty i have got the swing arm and frame together as in pic below can some one tell me if that is in the right place like is that how the swing arm connects to the frame i will be posting more pics till i have completly finished the bike so keep refering back cause i may need help lol cheers

no pic there.

theres only one main bolt hole for the swingarm.

when presenting a post with pic included, click the preview button before submitting. then you are assured you pic is in.

good i just didnt know never built 1 before i rekon it looks good togetting the forks next week what do u all think gold forks would look like on it im getting black pro tapper bars and was think of painting the frame black and suggestions

yea red gold and black wont go too good. Ide paint the frame black aswell if you have the time

yeah i may do it on monday cause i have the monday of show day(ekka) so yeah i may do it then and particlar paint thanks for the info mate

Might be worth using some correct sized washers...

The washer on the left looks too big, the hole through the center should be a snug fit on the bolt so the bolt head and nut pull on their full surface... and it's well worth greasing the bolt so it doesn't rust or bind, and so you can get it out easier next time...

:)

ok thanks for the info but i think the washers are a good size if it is any smaller it would be point less haveing one because it would be touching the bearings (i think thats what they r ) cheers

The outside diameter looks ok, and you want one a similar size... but in the pic it looks like it's sitting off center which indicates the inside diameter is too big for the bolt... The washer should be a snug fit on the bolt....

looks fine to me?

Get some grease on the swingarm bushings and bolt. Will make your rear swingarm alot more responsive and hence betta traction ;-)

ok thanks man this might sound stupid but what r swing arm bushes sorry

Hey guys bad news
i have the wrong swing arm i need the thumpstar look alike one they have them at the shop going to swap either tomorrow or tuesday cause tomorrow is a public holiday may not be open yeah have to pay a bit more for it though think it is like 10$ so yeah its all good lol

cheers

cause my frame is a different style to the swing arm and when i do get the shock it is going to br going the wrong way if you know what i mean hard to explain just picture it normal and then reverse it like opposite lol cheers

yep, that is the biggest problem trying to get frame to run with mono arm not tri arm. There seems to be heaps of frames to suit tri and not so many for mono(i know this as i'm trying to source one that is 2.5 inches longer)

yes i think so but do you know the thumpstar swing arms that is the sort i have to so i have been told anyway will take my frame to the shop and see what they say if they can get 1 to suit cheers

yeah guys got the new swing arm today looks right now keep checking back for more updates on the build

Latest posts

Back