Busting CRF 150 12" motard myth

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so whats faster
the crf sounded sweet
at 194 cc thats huge !
the rm you passed was standing still ! wtf?

Thanks guys, you´re my best fans! :first:

Well, have to admit as you can see on straights, crf have bit more power. But I was faster!
That standing thing was 50 cc moped. They are racing 6 h endurance races with those.

Dirt I ride only with my RMZ 450. It´s great fun with minis too, but I´m aprx 190 cm. And my dump hole and spine just can´t take bumbs with 12 inchers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ivZEWqj7E

Other stuff:

Have you ever tested soft PMT tire on rear? I runned out of mediums and have only soft available. Bit worried is it melting in race. What do you think, what´s the max air temp for soft rear PMT?

Last edited:
No, no one here is AUS has tested a soft PMT rear yet. however the soft fronts hold up very well. i would say nothing above 25 Celsius for soft.

has that CRF been worked? because once you put a stage 3 cam, port work, 2mm+ bore kit and vertex ignition there is no catching them. you can difinately hear the difference in RPM over your bike. Remember the CRF is a 4v over your china 2v, and vertical cylinder and very short skirt piston, and water cooled, and centre park plug, and FCR carburator, and 6 speed gearbox.
On paper that sounds very hard to beat.

When do we see the flop Mr Mo ,, been awhile .. great vids as usual...

The Word ... has been spoken

Takegawa

SnItChY: You have learnt the lesson obviously. Remerber to spread the Word! All the sophisticated minibikers know what we´re talking about. This is not first time, when you ask more flip flops. I promise you special snitchy-flip-flop-episode. Flip flopping is pretty hard work, but I do my best.

grnman: Crf´s engine is slightly modded. There is adjustable ignition and some other stuff. Yes, crf short crank + everything else make more rpms. But it looks 6 speed gearbox wasn´t advantage. You need to shift also in turns and without turned way, this is difficult. Also peak range was very short.
But like you said. With those engine mods, it´s difficult to beat. Still we have to remember, Zonger and Honda is wrestling in totally different price class.

I have seen too many Daytonas exblowing in last two years. I´m not goin to spend my moneys to anima before somebody other does this. I wan´t to see it first.
Daytona, if you´re reading this now. Feel free to send your engines to me to test :action-smiley-033:
There´s been rumours about minibike dyno close to Mr Tarded Mo.

Okay, I made my tire desicion to next race. If dry, PMT soft rear and front. If wet PMT wets. Weather forecast shows +17 C for sunday.

By to way, I check the new Sava and PMT soft weights.

PMT soft:
Front 2810 g
Rear 3570 g

Sava:
Front 3030 g
Rear 3720 g

Last soft PMT front weared pretty strange way. There was deep gap before chicken line. I runned with 2,5 rim, I think 2,15 could be better.

31082011729.jpg

Easy fix for that Mr Mo........ Just try harder!!!!! :applaudit:

In all honesty, the wear you are seeing is very similar to PMT's on minimoto bikes, you never seem to use the whole tyre even with 15 psi in it!!!

I have the opposite problem.. I have no tread left on the edge and still have the mould markings in the centre of the tyre.
Bu then again I have a 2.5 front and 3.5 rear.

No, that is not normal chicken line. Never had this with Sava or rear tires.

Wierd thing. Maybe it is caused by position of moon in this time of year.

No, that is not normal chicken line. Never had this with Sava or rear tires.

Wierd thing. Maybe it is caused by position of moon in this time of year.

Hahaha lol, either that or it's time of the month ;)

p.s. please don't take this offensively ladies

Other side not that bad, but starting to look the same.

I use 1,55 front and 1,65 rear. PMT is recommending 1,8, that´s too much with my weight. Tire melts away with that and slips.

Now I cutted that edge away, so I can finnish the tires.

looking forward to the epic flip-flop Mr Mo way

your a bloody champion , hey you have seen my monkey on the dyno with my daytona 150 shoot out yea?

keep em coming Mr Mo

The word has been spoken

Takegawa

Latest posts

Back