Buying a new Motovert 50/125?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideeways

Reaction score
hey guys! thank god i found this forum its awesome! I am totally new to this mini bike craze. I saw a motovert RX on the road and i was so amused by it! I am planning to get a new one not really for road use, but to do some stunts and maybe abit of offroad. Question is, is the 125 good enough? or should I get a 50cc (1k+ cheaper) and then put in a bigger engine in it? thats what the shop recommended. It will cost similar to buying a 125cc. Which engines are available for the motovert bikes? ive seen so many 150cc 160cc etc and i am pretty confused by which engine fits which bike. Ive been searching around for 2 days already and the more i search, the more i get confused. Hopeflly someone can enlighten me thanks!

Lifan motors including the 150 is a straight swap. GPX/YX 150/160 wont fit without modifying. i gotta rx50 with a lifan 140.

have u got videos of ur bike motoluver? does the 140 go hard? the guys at the shop said theres a new high performance 125cc motor but i am thinking to get the 160

looks like theres no 160cc straight swap! i guess its either the 140 or 150 then? May I ask why u go with the 140? is the 150 alot more power and less reliable? or.. hmmm options options

the 140 lifan is heaps for a pitty on the road ,,there bullet proof i have mates that have put 20,000+ ks on there 140s and still going strong

cant belive the shop told you to break the law <<<< anyways stick with the 140 and you cant go wrong

but if i do get the bike, it will be a 50cc, wouldnt it be breaking the law too with the 140? Im new to pit bikes so when you say the lifan 140 is heaps for road, how much is heaps? hehe are u able to lift the front in 2nd or 3rd gear ?

by the sounds off it if you want to ride it like that on the road you wont be for long as the coppers dont like wheelies much

140 with the right gearing will sit the bike on 100ks all day

soon as you take the motor out off a bike then put in larger cc's your breaking the law , i dont want to go into detail why but you are

i ride z50's on the road and my 125 is heaps enough for that

yea i know about the coppers but theres this area behind my place where i can practice and im trying to build a stunt RX so it has to be reliable yet have abit of power.

yehhh they go pretty good on the road. I chose the 140 because the lifan 150 is a couple hundred dollars more... Wheelies in second no worries but nah not 3rd.

ah ok 140 it is then. There is a 160 yea?
ok correct me if i am wrong, u know how sometimes bigger cc doesnt mean better..in this case, is the 150 or 160 better than the 140 in terms of power n reliability or not? cos I mean if 150 were that good i am sure most people would go 150? but why is everyone on the 140?

no the 150 160s smoke 140s. 140s are a lot cheaper and have proved to be a pretty reliable motor. Unlike the junky yx150/160s what crack cases after a couple of rides. The lifan 150 is ment to be a good motor. still overpriced IMO... The lifan 140s are over priced. I remember when they used to sell on ebay for $200-250

so say i was to buy a rx 50 and swap the engine with the lifan 150 wat speed could it reach comfortably and would i have to upgrade my carby

It depends on what sprocket's your running, if your doing sprokets for cruising you could sit on 100 kmh no problems. it could go faster but it wouldnt be low revs be revving off its tits

so say i was to buy a rx 50 and swap the engine with the lifan 150 wat speed could it reach comfortably and would i have to upgrade my carby

Im running 16/39 gearing on my lifan 150 rx with a oko 26mm carb and even with such tall gearing it will still do 100kph

Latest posts

Back