Buying a new pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk to FXracing from Melbourne think that will be the best and closest bike store you can get the bike from. Meanwhile personaly I dont recommend the extra power since the GPX USA racing engine is already got some extra HP compare with other 125cc, but that just me (as I dont really had the coins for the BV).

Last edited:
Oh well i tried!!
I bet my LIFE!! A 2nd hand done up crf ,will outlast any NEW CHINA!!
Do some research,see how many people on here hav raced there chinas for 2 years without any probs!!Bet there is NONE!!
Trust me ive had both!!

Oh well i tried!!
I bet my LIFE!! A 2nd hand done up crf ,will outlast any NEW CHINA!!
Do some research,see how many people on here hav raced there chinas for 2 years without any probs!!Bet there is NONE!!
Trust me ive had both!!

No doubt about it. I was just saying that a 3k motovert vs a 3k crf50 that the motovert will have a lot more performance until you start forking out thousands on the crf. I was never talking about quality/reliability its not obvious that a Japanese built crf50 will outlast a motovert in terms of age. 5-10+ years motovert will probably be extinct and you wont be able to purchase motovert replacement parts unlike the crf50 where you will be able to purchase parts 30+ years after they where manufactured.

Terra Motos, pitster pro, motovert and even ciniwork are good china bikes. A MSO elite is pretty good but dosent have the brand (its the top of the BSE range). But mini mullisha is right a second hand honda will need less maintenance than ANY china bike as even a $4000 china will have things just fall off within a couple of hours of riding. To prevent (actually it only minimises it, you cant prevent it) you need to spend half a day rebuilding it before you ride it. You also have to be prepared to replace plenty of crappy parts as they stuff up (crap bearings, snapped silly putty bolts, crap bushes).

I posted it before but will say it again

Its a race between the hare and the tortise, the china will go faster but you will be overtaken by the jap when you stop to fix it.

thanks everyone for your input it has been very helpful. Am going O/S for 6 months and want to buy it as soon as i get back so was getting info before i go. MiniMullisha your crf50 looks good and everyone seems to be backing it up but i need to buy 2 and couldnt dog my mate and get something different plus cant buy it for 6m yet.

Thanks again got a bit more of an idea what im after now.

The bikes iright but what with that price tag? I got my Pitsterpro x4r with that price and dont even make me start to compare the 2 bikes.

Well I really don’t want to start the comparison since the differences are way too obvious. Besides all the titles Pitsterpro won in the States as well as the performance in this time LV motard race. Like I said it is waste of time to even compare the two bikes. If you still not convinced well better yet put up a new post for all the members here to choose. If I mean hypothetically all members got over 3k in their pocket right now, which bike would they rather go for.

Last edited:
Those braaaps are a bit overpriced, they have most of the standard parts of a higher range BSE (mso, pitpro etc.).

Flarry you are just too nice to say it man. Braaapster's bikes are standard Chinese mid range price bike just like Pitpro and MSO. Well some of those bikes got the Jialing engine on it as well as the chromo frame, well those fastace forks and shoker are nice. still that doesn't justify the extra 1500 bucks or because of the Brand? ahan dont think so. I seriously want to ask ppl from Braaap if they really want their folks from TAS to get the minimotard take off like most of ppl wish to or just expecting bunch rich kits dog the coins for a quick bucket? Look I might sound like bitter here but I never bash none of other mid range bikes on this forum cuz they treat ppl right. how about compare that link bike to motovert huh? expert all blet frame and gears with mzorks 3.2k man I m fake laugh here but the tears are real

Last edited:
dhz sell his bikes to baarp so there your answer dhz sell the same bike for 800 were baarp sell it for 1500

Latest posts

Back