C-Channel Size???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, Have an Outlaw 160 arriving early next week. I need to get some C-channel tomorrow for the front of my trailer to mount the steed across the A-frame.
Anyone know the best width? It will only ever carry that bike.

Cheers
Chop

i'm thinking something around 100mm wide, the back wheel is it a 12", 3.00x12 80/100/12 tyre ?

Yeah thats the size, so 100mm should be fine.

the 12" tyres measure around 95mm from outside of the knob to the other side outer edge, depending on brand etc
so maybe 115mm wide might be better?

you could ring one of the trailer mobs,
you might be able to buy a pre made bike channel?
i got a price off Sar Major Trailers at St Marys (behind the old Keith Bowdens store) ages ago, iirc it was about $80 though

I got a piece 1800mm, 100mm wide in galv. Now I need to work how much to bend it up at the front without going to far.
The wheel base stated on the bikes is centre to centre right? So I need to add a bit to that length.

i'll measure my Atomik Fuse for you tomorrow if you want

but yeah, the wheelbase plus about 430mms will be the length from front edge of front tyre to rear edge of rear tyre
wheelbase is where the tyres touch the ground, add on half a rear rim 152mm, and tyre about 50mm
then add half the front rim about 177mm and tyre 50mm

for the front section,
i work out where i want to have the diagonal section at the front of the rail/guide
cut the sides down to the flat bottom section, then spread them a little and fold the front up at a 45°,
then just weld the overlapped parts together down near the fold
and don't forget to wire brush the galv off first too, or it'll be a messy weld

Last edited:
Cheers, Yeah I've cut and bent it up. Checked the length of it next to bike at the shop I'm getting mine from.
And it perfect, just got to weld and drill it for the bolts.

sounds good,
hope you post up some pics when you're done

Will do, looks like my bike is a day or more away anyway. So likely getting it on the weekend.

looks good! + reps

have you had your bike tied down to it yet ?
how much back and forth wobbles do you get?

Pick it up tomorrow. The tie down point at the front can be moved if i need it to be, I'll be running a strap from the back wheel to the a-frame .

Looks really good Chops! I'm in the process of thinking about tackling something similar with a tow hitch mount! How much was the steel you got if you can remember and dont mind saying? Might have to grab something next time I'm near Lonsdale....

I have a mate with some scrap steel but its only off cuts so I'll probably need to buy something long and solid for the base and some solid 2 inch for the hitch section!!

@stoozo The 1.8m piece I got was about $50 as it was galv.

@my67xr yeah through allbikes.

yeah thought it might have been, they'll look after you

Yeah they're pretty good there. I know people that get work done there.
Already trying to talk me into upgrades.

very good !
now to do all the setup stuff, loctite, oil, brake fluids, adjust valves, tune carby, adjust suspension etc etc

She is all set up and tuned ready to go, I bought oil and filter for once I've run it in. And because I'll be away for a while I'll no doubt be doing the valve clearances whilst I'm away. I'll adjust the suspension aswell.

Latest posts

Back