C.d.i

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOFLY

Reaction score
can anyone help me i bought an atomik prox alloy 125cc pit bike ive ripped the 125 out and put in a 140cc lifan i also put in a high performance inner rotor kit lightweight oil sling high performance coil the bike ran fine but it recently started spluttering and wont get full power all i can put it down to is the cdi, ive changed plugs tried carby adjustments air filter i have another cdi but i have no idea how to wire it up as all stock plugs did not match up after 140cc conversion there are 2 wires coming from the new high performance ineer rotor has 2 wires one white and the other black the new cdi is one of them blue alloy ones written on it is NEW Racing C.D.I it has 5 wires red, blue, yellow, green, and black. any ideas would be excellent thanks

theres to wires that you dont need forgot which ones i think its white and somthin else but i could be wrong

Your post was moved here as it was Nothing to do with the topic under discussion..

Welcome to the board! Hope we can help!

my bike wont run properly

can someone help me out here i recently bought an atomik prox alloy ive ripped out the 125cc motor and replaced it with a 140cc lifan motor i also put in a high performance inner rotor kit light weight oil sling high performance coil yoshimura end can valve breather oil catch can the bike has been running real well up till today it statred spluttering and its stalling out all i can put it down to is the cdi it will start and idle but if i try and give it to much throttle it seems to die ive tried carby adjustments air filter spark plug all the usual stuff but no improvement i have another cdi here but its different to the one on the bike i bought one of them blue alloy ones written on it is NEW Racing C.D.I it has 5 wires red,blue,green,yellow and black and i have 2 wires coming from my stator 1 black and 1 white all i know is 2 wires from the cdi have to go to the coil apart from that i am lost,the kids arent to happy with me at the moment there bikes are running but mines not someone help please.....:eek:

cable tie your fuel line down to the air filter or something so that there is no kinks in it and the fuel can run through it freely....this exact same thing happened to me thats all i done now it goes fine except for a bent frame LOL

cable tie your fuel line down to the air filter or something so that there is no kinks in it and the fuel can run through it freely....this exact same thing happened to me thats all i done now it goes fine except for a bent frame LOL

it aint a kinked fuel line man

theres to wires that you dont need forgot which ones i think its white and somthin else but i could be wrong

theres only 2 wires coming from ststor i dont think i can ignore either of them 2 wires but the cdi might have a couple of wires i can ignore but non of them are white cdi wires are red blue black green yellow and i have 2 stator wires black and white???

hmm, maybe get some pictures if you can that way we can visually see what is going on...

hmm, maybe get some pictures if you can that way we can visually see what is going on...

thats a picture of the cdi i have i will post a picture if the bikes wiring tomorrow

C_D_I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm. not really to up to speed on the cdi box install procedure, sleep on it mate and someone is bound to be able to help you out in the morning... am sure its a simple problem! keep us updated to the progress though, as more and more people will surely encounter a similar situation.

hmm. not really to up to speed on the cdi box install procedure, sleep on it mate and someone is bound to be able to help you out in the morning... am sure its a simple problem! keep us updated to the progress though, as more and more people will surely encounter a similar situation.

no worries thanks heaps foolsp33d im usualy ok moding and fixing my bike but this has me stumped at the moment .

certainly a strange one.. could be worse i guess.. it could have LUCAS written on it....

Sounds to me like a blocked float needle or main jet.

Sounds to me like a blocked float needle or main jet.

thanks mack i gave that a go i u pulled carby out cleaned it put it back in and no difference, any other ideas:), i re checked spark it seems to be getting weaker now sometimes it fires sometimes it dont

Last edited:
has anyone had to wire up one of these C.D.I`s

Attachments

• C.D.I.jpg
    C.D.I.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 29
so your trying to put the speeding cdi with the inner rotor kit are you?

the inner rotor kit comes with a matched cdi and will work without problems but if you want the speeding cdi then you need to use a different wiring circuit.

so are you using the matched cdi or the speeding cdi, as they have totally diferent wiring diagrams

tubes the cdi that came with the irk died i bought one of the speed cdi`s a while ago but never used it so i have it here thought id try get it working with the irk ive ordered an original cdi for the irk it will be here monday or tuesday so i dont realy have to worry bout this cdi anymore but it would be good to know how to wire it up incase i need it in the future

Latest posts

Back