Camping and ride day - 31/4 - 1/5 Wombat State Forest

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

if anyone is interested i am organising with a few mates for a ride day at wombat state forest for next weekend (31/4 to 1/5)

we are headin up friday night and camping at FIRTH PARK in the middle of Wombat (just out of gisborne, 40 mins from melbourne), its a proper camping area with plenty of room and there is even a loo for any ladies that decide to come along.

Its a great spot to ride with thousands of acres of tracks, we all have rec rego and its up to you if you want to chance it, i will say that i have seen cops out there before.

if anyone is interested and wants directions or anything let me know.

Lol, organising a 4wd trip out to wombat to soon! I hear firth park has been resurfaced and updated recently.. If you get a chance, grab some pics and keep a note of what tracks you do mate!?

Last trip I was on up there, saw over 20 bikes Stopped,REG and License checked and Db. Checked.. Coppers And Park Ranges.. Making a 'quick' getaway IS NOT AN OPTION!

Have an awesome time away man! Lotsa pics n video :)

What's the go if you live interstate ? I'm not that far away once you get over the range ... I'm still recovering from surgery so won't make this one but I'm keen as to get down there and bang bars with some of the vicco crew as soon as I'm strong enough and this place sounds awsome ... is it cool to run my Dingoes down there ?

o come guys i cant sway you guys to come to Green's lake that weekend instead?.... Greens lake is soo way better!!!!! and there is no cops out there cause the closest town is half an hour away...u can fish, ride and drink plus the weather is always good up there...and there is no rangers to give you shit for not having lics rego blah blah..

Last edited:
o come guys i cant sway you guys to come to Green's lake that weekend instead?.... Greens lake is soo way better!!!!! and there is no cops out there cause the closest town is half an hour away...u can fish, ride and drink plus the weather is always good up there...and there is no rangers to give you shit for not having lics rego blah blah..

I'm listening ha ha. Plan another trip soon where i can give my work 2 weeks notice! I'm really keen to go camping :D

erin its my ouse warming on the 30th... so can't make it this time! plus might be going to s.a to pick up a bike! argh. go camping again like a month!! i wanna come and i have rec reg so i dont care where you's go!!! :D:D:D

Dreadful, not sure about dingoes mate, didnt even know you were allowed to have them, but apart from that you are more than welcome if you wanna make the drive.
Devilsh15, nah its wombat for us, this weekend anyway, firth park is great to camp and if me and the boys get a bit pissy again there will most likely be another 3am fry-up, deep fried mars bars and chocolate and stuff that is... we got a great recipe for beer batter. And you can get good yabbies from the dam.
Rach88, soft.... whats a house warming compared to a camping trip???
anyway if ya cant make it no biggie, we are planning to go there again on the june long weekend so if ya dont make this trip i'll keep ya posted on the next one.

Latest posts

Back