Can a YZ250F be Rec Registered ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimini

Reaction score
hey.
im just wondering if i bought a yz 250f can i get it registered.
like if i put gauge , front light, blinkers front and rear and number plate can it be done.
thanks...

I dont think you can do that in NSW but Im most likely wrong.

I know for sure that you could do that wth VIC Recreational Rego but not sure if you can do it in NSW? Havent heard of people doing it.

simple answer no.

it does not have a compliance plate

but you can get rec rego with all that you have said you would put on

Cant get Recreational Rego in NSW :( haha

Yeah thats true, without a Compliance Plate it cannot be Registered. A compliance plate is like a recognised badge that indicated it can be registered in NSW...if that makes any sense?haha

it is a plate that is put on the vehicle, either car or bike. which has its vehicle number, date of manufacture and model type on it.

this plate is not found on dirt bikes like these which are made for racing. so there for they can only be rec regoed.

but why would you want a yz for a road bike? holding them on the constant revs like you would on the road would kill them

if a vehicle is fitted with a compliance plate it means it complies with the adr standards. No compliance plate = no road rego unless your vehcile is older then the mid 70s then it doesnt require a compliance plate not 100% on that one

Last edited:
awk thanks fellas , yeah i understand everything use are saying,
just i was going to get a motovert rx and put a 150 or something engine in it , but my bro just got a kx250f and was wondering if ya could register it but , yer thanks for helping me out,

does anyone know what the motovert rxs are like ?
just i can get my bike L's in january and im just trying to sort out what to get.

get a big bike if ya riding road WR250F or even a EC250 Gas gas i hear they are good ;)

Do you like 2 strokes?

Get the YZ250WR. My uncle has one. Fair cool bike. Might be hard to come across. Here is a link:
- Georgia Off Road • View topic - 2004 Yamaha YZ250 WR

yz250wr hard bike to find me best mate has got one and it took a lot to find a good clean yz250wr and at the time his pop owned the yamaha dealers. if ya get the motovert rx its fun town bike and super cheap to run but thats all i can say good about them

awk thanks fellas. reckon the 125 engine that come in the rx's are powerful. ? id rather a bigger bike but aye.

the crf250x dont look to bad, whats the difference in performance wise to a crf250r

THANKS MATE. helped me alot. what would be some good bikes out of them , road or dirt.?

the crf250x dont look to bad, whats the difference in performance wise to a crf250r

Not a whole lot and can be made pretty close to the same. Cam and gearbox are the 2 differences. Heavier cam for Hill Climbiming and Wide Range Transmission. Would defiantely suit the road better.

awk thanks, what would use get if use were getting a dirt bike to register.
not keen on road bikes , rather dirt so can ride it everywhere then

what tires would you run for road but mainly dirt? or get a spare set of rims running tards?

well id prob most likely get road, dirt ones would wear too quick aye,
i will prob just get a motovert xr and put a 150 or something in it,
cause dont have enough to fork out on a bigger one at the moment.

Latest posts

Back