can anyone tell me what these serial numbers mean

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djeuro1981

Reaction score
Just got my new pitster pro 160cc (second hand) goes like a rocket, i have these numbers from the frame and under the bike and wondering if anyone can tell me what model this is as i am new to pit bikes and wanna make sure i never got ripped off

IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0156.jpg

the engine number says it's a YX150 or YX160
you'd be lucky to find out anything by the frame build number

I was told this bike a 2011 model

Probably just means the factory it was made in, maybe the material, maybe the time/day/month??

Its the serial number of the frame, all bicycles have a similar thing under the bottom bracket, its for identification if its stolen or for insurance etc....and the model of frame etc so if something goes wrong with them then pitster can recall the serial numbers that they think have the problem etc etc. Its just basic identification for you, your insurance company, god for bid the police if it ever got stolen and the factory!! Doesnt really mean anything in particular as far as I know thats why they are used its just for identification purposes!! :grinning-smiley-003

so is there any where on the bike that will give me a build date??

Last edited:
Doesn't it have the build year on the plate/sticker just next to the long vin number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine all have the build month/year on those plates..... Whether they've been tampered with is a whole other issue.... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neither of my Atomiks had plates or stickers, or my Orion
i'm pretty sure the PitPro's and TDR don't have them either?

but Pitsterpro might ?

Yeah same as my Foxico that plate on the head stem tube has the bikes build year. Pretty sure I can see that plate just next to the serial number there!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

only reason im asking is because i was told the build year of this bike was 2011, if its a little earlier im not fussed

the sticker kit on it looks like it is a 2011/early 2012 model.

so that sticker at the front next to the vin, does that have any dates stamped into/printed on it ?

Whats on the pitsterpro plate next to the number on the frame.

Latest posts

Back