Car audio!! Show me your doooof!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's been a while sense I updated this thread and iv been doing this more so for the last 7-8months and am currently 85% through my build of the loudest musical van here in Australia.. Yes AUSTRALIA!! I have come a long way since the start of this thread to understand what it takes to get loud.. Designing tuning building... Voltage ohms box rise coil configurations series and parallel wiring... Power, battery's knowledge and MONEY!!

This last build will be it for me and I will park the car up and keep it as a car audio competition car and that all.. No bikes no carrying no nothing!! But don't worry I will be buying a new car to be my new daily so I can ride minis haha..

At the start of this thread I was just a "I'm gonna guy" no backing not if any proper knowledge of what was ahead.. Ill go through my previous build which was loud in this sense but nothing to what I have now..

4x 15" shok tritons wire to .5ohm
8x 150ah battery's
10,000watt amp
20m of 0g wiring
4x 6x9's
Super titanium tweeters
Ported box centre port fully sealed off cabin..

This as a daily driver was loud.. Reached 152.7db @45hz box was built buy another mate whom is a good box builder but was made as a "drop in box" I just stood it up and sealed it off.. So it peaked @ 45hz which to the ear is painfully loud and feels like it grabs your throat lol

So there goes one build.. I had nothing but troubles with that 10,000watt amp and for $2000 you would of thought it would be a good amp.. Don't be fooled researched into it the company has taking the same board as another company slapped on a different heats ink and mass produced it out of china!! The Chinese are roughness people.. If you have money they will sell it to ya regardless is your company has a "patented" stamp on it.. Anyway went through 3 of them amps in a week all were swapped for new as I has warranty.. Turns out the amps weren't ment to be wired under 1ohm and I had it wired in at .5 of a ohm.. But thought it would be ok because of my box rise which was 2x rise so it was well over 1ohm loaded and playing...

Anyway!!

Blew the 3 of the 4 subs up.. Subs were only rated at 500rms and I clamped the amp putting out 9500watts haha so the subs were getting 5x rated power and didn't like it... Gotta say for $200 subs they were awesome!! From that downfall I was we'll and truly over it cause of the blown new amps and subs I had a break.. Until I got hold of the sub I sold my mate when I was 20..

Here she is.. This is what all started the snow ball today... Sound stream xxx 15" sub 07-08 model they do not make these anymore quad 1ohm coil configuration with a massive 4" coil!! Rated at 8500rms power handling.. But that's rubbish.. Iv ears people blowing them up at 4000rms

That sub there was it... I thought there must be more around somewhere?? But at what price? Considering they don't make them they would be ducked or bad condition and need re coning..

Well...

This search went on with me and my now team mate for about 2months looking searching the net Facebook etc.. Ended in a 2000km drive to NSW to buy which ended up being 4 hammered motors as baskets... I didn't care I was in that stage of buying new cones for them.. I needed and wanted them!! And the 6th one was a buy from QLD which was shipped down..

In my hands I had now have gotten 6 of these subs.. The only person in Australia to own 6 of these and at a price rage back then of 1500 there wasn't many selling.. I know of 1 bloke who has 2 but that's it here.. Proud as punch!

I'm probley dragging this out now so ill move it along.. Build time on this now is at 5months and a lot of time with my knowledgable mate tht I feed off has been put into it.. He designed and build this box himself.. 500kgs later!!

All painted box is 1200x1200x1400 deep with triple 16mm layers MDF with front wall being 6layers 16mm to stop flex!

Pulling the beast box in with a chain block and slides

How it looks now

So I needed power as i wanted to go stupid at this stage.. Having these subs are capable of taking 3500rms a pop.. I could run
Anything over 20k of power.. And I wasn't cutting corners at this stage not again!!

So I went and bought 12 fullriver HC110's best fullriver have on te market.. Do the math!!! I bought aluminium buss bars and drilled milled as tapped for the battery positive and negative bars also for the wiring holes

I then bought an amp ampere audio 7500.. From America Korean build house great amp!! Well I bought 2 but both were damaged in transit so I was pissed but this one worked the other not so good.. Pissed about that.. We wired it up all 6 subs .46ohn load and this happened clamping only 5300watts

This put in me high spirits as I'm only 4db away from the goal I'm looking for.. But best of all the bandwidth to play from 18-60hz was so flat it was crazy!! The amount if wind inside the cabin is insane!!! Gotta be in it to whiteness it!!

So that's were we stand today as a PB.. But the goal is in reach!! There has been only 11 cars in Australia to do a 160db and all cars were over 40hz mark I plan to do it under 35 30 if possible. The only other car that comes close now is the Phoenix gold Astra car which is a company driven car.. Not jut a joe blow forking the build out like me.. Which in itself is an achievement.

A couple more progress pictures I made the amp rack ready for the amps to go in and they went in today. :)

Standard 0g wiring of course I went out and found bigger and better 2/0g wiring sky high ofc wiring

Amp rack out of steel.. Amps weigh 25kgs each

And this is what 30,000watts looks like people!! You won't see this anywhere in aus

That's my build up to date were testing this week see what happens :)

6 x sound stream xxx 15" with PSI Recones
12 x full river hc110 battery's
6th order band pass box tuned to 56hz rear port 23hz front port
4 x ampere audio 7500's
50m of sky high 2/0 cable
8 pairs of 2/0 inputs
Alloy buss bars
Line driver
4x 6x9's
4channel option audio
Titanium tweets

And as I went over the weigh bridge I'm carrying and extra 1.5tonne of car audio daily

Last edited:
Been following this build on facey dude that thing is epic! :thumbup:

How well do those show utes (the pioneer and maroochy car sound utes) go against your little bus?

Spose there probably not even in the same ballpark as you ay?

car_radio.jpg

think mine is pretty up to date

Show utes??? Haven't seen them.. You must be talking about the show SQ cars. There complete quality sound cars made and build for presicison sound for the sq person, I'm not very sq and the van is far from sq hahah she's SPL only. It's hard enough now to here vocals let alone the extra 22,500watts now. But I do have a plan for the doors pillers and from dash should lighten up the mids and highs!

Other then that my option is external sound so slide the rear doors open and just have a wall of mids and highs to actually here vocals.. Not a hard process but don't want to drain the batters to we're there needed for the amps at this stage..

Geese mate you don't do things by halves now do you!!! haha

I can't even imagine how loud this would be. The old van would be getting slow up the hills with an extra tonne on it. lol

car_radio.jpg

think mine is pretty up to date

this pic is of my old F100s' dash, the Pioneer AM/FM Stereo/Cassette is out of a is out of an 80s' Telstar Ghia
i took it out before i sold it, it will eventually go into my '67 XR

my old 1976 Mazda S2 RX4 had an 8 Track player, as well as it's AM Radio

images

Latest posts

Back