car neons work with powerpoint???help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
i have a stereo an it has two 10'' subs an i have two neon lights that go around them an wanted to know can i some how hook them up so they can light up they suppose to be connected to a car batterie
i was thinking of a 12v dc plug pack so i can plug them into the powerpoint
will it work?? or is there a better way???

help please

much better way.

Remove them from the subwoofer enclosure, being very carefull. Each one should have 2 wires and a little black / white box. This is the unit wich egnites the particles in the tubes.

Once removed, place all items in the trash can, as neons are gay! :p

I wouldnt bother, as i had a similar setup with one of my fishtank lights, this caught fire......

Yes it dose buy you have to change form the car 12v connection to a transformer and 240v connection. Any one with the smallest idea of electronice can do it fior cheap

cranga i didnt want you opionion if you liked them or not i just wanted to know how i could set them up

you need a 12v DC power supply. if you have a multimeter, test how many amps the lights draw when plugged into the car so you know how big the power supply has to be. that might help avoid any fires.

dick smith or jaycar should have them cheap.

still better to throw them in the bin tho ;)

yes u can run wires from the battery, or, if u want them 2 come on wen the subs pump bass and they will light up 2 the sound frequentcy. just wack the -+ wires on the 2 subwoofer or the amp and watch it go!

good old Da Bomb our local miniriders electrician

dabomb i cant connect them to a battery cause i wanna run them inside my house not car

what do ya want them in the house for? put them on the mini.

Latest posts

Back