Carb issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

predatortroylee69

Reaction score
i recently tore apart my motor to change the tranny, it ran fine before i took it apart. Now that its bck together it only wants to run when the choke is pulled out. Also i noticed oil or some dark fluid by the carb entrance. I also added a new throttle. How can i fix this?!?!?!?

Make sure you didn't put your slide in upside down and check for any leaks. To check for leaks gett the bike idling and spray all around your carby, if the revs change you have a leak somewhere.

i think you mean the slide may be in the wrong way around timmeh? , thats if it's a mikuni copy carby?

with the air filter off, is the slide sitting right at the bottom or close to it?

a few pics of the carby may help us spot something too

It idles fine when choke is pulled out,nthen when. U push choke in, it starts idling fast and it feels likd it has a stuck throttle. It is frustrating

As above check the slide, sounds like in wrong way and it held up, choke on reduces airflow so allows it to idle then you open choke and it revs.

You can put the slide in 180 and the guide needle will catch on the idle adjustment side of the slide holding it open about 1/4 of the way.

Yeah only one way, but when you just insert the slide and all looks well due to the tension of the spring it can and will slightly turn and you just keep screwing it on cause when you last saw it it was fine. Not saying this has happened to you but can happen to anyone.

its a bit hard to see, but from what I can tell is its a MolkT 26mm carby, so when the black choke(enrichner) lever is pulled out it is on, when pushed IN the bike is ready to ride. Are you getting good fuel flow thru the fuel filter and hose and is no restriction anywhere?

You mentioned a new throttle! What type? Like a quick turn or new throttle cable. If so I'd say that the throttle cable is the wrong size and the slide isn't closing completely. Look down the carb where the air filter is and there should only be a few mm gap. If there's say 10mm or more its not right. That's why when you turn the choke off it revs high like your giving it throttle. Take a picture of the opening where the air filter attaches like mentioned.

It idles fine when choke is pulled out,nthen when. U push choke in, it starts idling fast and it feels likd it has a stuck throttle. It is frustrating
oops, i should read from the start, Like brendo said if it is a new throttle you may require a longer inner lengthed cable. def get a good pic of inside the carb from the filter side.

can you undo the screw on the side/middle of the carby a turn or so? ( the one with the spring on it)

that is the idle speed screw, the slide in the carby looks to be sitting too high.

after a second look at that pic, i still think the slide is facing the wrong way?
there should be a slightly raised cutout in the middle of the slide, facing the air filter.
take the top of the carby off and turn the slide around 180 degrees, so that the cutout is facing the air filter

Latest posts

Back