CARBON FIBER engine side cover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITTZ

Reaction score
hey
does anyone here have a carbon fiber engine side cover/flywheel cover?
im gona make 1 my self by making a mould of my metal 1 with fiberglass and then reproducing it with carbon fiber. iv had a look at the inside of my metal 1 but if anyone who has 1 could possably take a pic or 2 of the inside on there carbon fiber 1 and post them here it would be much appreciated. or if anyone knows a site that sells them and has pics of the inside that would be handy 2

cheers, andrew

anyone........ i need to see if i need a couple of the bits inside the metal 1

Let me get this right- you want pics of the under/inside of the cover? Will do so right now for ya:D post pics soon

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

ISNT that a cast alloy carbon fiber look side cover
plz correct me if im wrong but i think hes looking for the real deal so he can see what the finish is like on the inside

IE braceing or such ,i dunno

Hmmm its off the motovert pro which is advertised as having carbon fibre flywheel cover....but when i took it off it felt real plasticy(def not alloy-trust me:D )and flakey. I def got the dodgiest vert ever:rolleyes:

ohh dam realy that looks alloy

looks plasticy cool word hehehe
well there ya go cool pics

oi scratch it on the inside see if it is like fiberglass or plastic

i dunno

thanks heaps pickaninny! just needed to see if it needs any bracing like snitchy said (but i couldnt think of the right words). thanks to cactus jack for the links. looks pretty easy to make. ive got a fair bit of fiberglassing experience so it shouldnt be too hard! ill keep u updated with my progress. i might even start selling them if it works out good!

cheers, andrew

Yeah I know what you mean ...... normally you'd mould metal "anti-crush" inserts in where the bolt holes go to prevent splitting ........

yeah i recon it should be strong enough without any of the extra bits on the inside

Latest posts

Back