Carburetor Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
I've got a problem with my carburetor, but not sure how I could fix it or what the problem is.

As soon as a give my bike a rev, it coughs, bogs and what sounds to be like like small backfires. Any ideas?

need a not more information about your setup..
what carb, what engine and jet sizes

have you checked your valve clearances?
also check your plug to see what colour it is..
are the backfires coming from out the exhaust or out the air cleaner...
check all your manifold gaskets and orings for leaks

is this a problem tht just showed up or are you fitting a new carb?

My bike does it when i run it with the fuel off (just using the fuel in the carb)

But try valve clearances?

running lean down low, try adjusting the mixture screw and maybe go up a size in the pilot jet, do your valve clearances and check your exhaust gasket too

if its' a mikuni, immerse in petrol, stand back, throw match.
go on ebay, buy OKO flatslide. :D
details mate, details..??

Engine is a Lifan 140cc with a OKO 26mm round carb.

The problem happened when I was riding around in a wet and muddy paddock....

wet and muddy eh? tried draining the fuel out of the carby? good chance it has water in it... water wont mix with fuel, so it will sit on top (or is it underneath???) the fuel, and bike run like ****... try draining the carby first..

Just emptyed out the carb and rode the bike. Still no different!

try and blow the electricals out including the CDI plug out with air and then give it a blast with WD40.
also make sure your air cleaner is clean, disconnect the kill switch just to eliminate that as the problem too..

and you didnt comment on checking your valve clearance

failing all that remove carb and clean it out

I had similar problem with my bike, solved it by cleaning carb out and worked fine. I would try this next.

ok i had the same problem with mine i got the air compressor ....where the on/off petrol switch is on the bike disconnect the line at the switch to the carby get small adapter for compressor and put it inside the fuel line and let the air blow trouugh it fuel should come out the overflow line once fuel stops coming out connect it back up and start and see what happens hope this helps

Latest posts

Back