carby back firing and wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpstar king

Reaction score
hey guys
my carb has petrol coming out of it and sometime it kinda back fires out of the carby
and when u turn the choke off it sucks heaps of air need help please the bike is brand new only has done about 3 hours

First, what sort of bike is it, is it brand new or second hand.
Where is the petrol coming from exactly? you say the carby, whereabouts on the carby if its the bowl drain hose then you need to do up the screw on the bottom of the carb.
Have you done any mods to the carb itself? eg. changed jets or anything like that? is the air fuel screw out 2 turns if so more adjustment needed.

A couple of things to think about.

It would really help to have a little bit more information. As Pedler8 above said, we need to know where the fuel is coming from when leaking from the carby. In order for us to assist you in coming to a conclusion and hopefully being able to offer some advice regarding remedying the issue the above information is required.

I will go out on a limb and suggest your floats may be stuck. I had some issues with this a while back and it drove me mad for a couple of weeks. The carb in question is still occasionally playing up but at least I know what the issue is.

Tuning your carby after you stop the leaks is a bit of a hit and miss affair but I assure you it really isn't that difficult to do. The idle and mixture screws work together. The mixture screw however, is the most important in my mind. Dont be afraid to turn the screws. Seriously, if it scares you, mark the current position on each screw with a marker on both the carb and the screw. This way you will at least know where you should be returning to.

Please let us know about the leaking fuel and I am certain we will be able to get it sorted for you.

logic

man, it's likely to be real lean, I was having the same problems and I found that raising the needle, by putting the clip on the bottom/ second from bottom groove richened it up and stopped the bike from stalling with that sucking sound when I give it throttle, and richen the fuel screw.

its not the carby i chucked it on a another bike and it started so not sur whats wrong wit it

Latest posts

Back