Carby Cleaning....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimini

Reaction score
i know theres prob alot of threads already about this,
can someone post them up.

my carby keeps leaking fuel out of the bottom of bowl and where it screws on, its all done tight, i think the floats arent working properly, would that be the reason ?
so im going to clean the carby out, whats the best way to do it, what do wash it in etc...
cheers

wouldn't the plastic bits in the crab fall apart with metho/thinners/kero

??

I use degreaser... Seems to work good, or fuel, or WD40.

thanks, yeah il just use petrol. yeah well i never had a problem before, so maybe when ive lent it back to get on truck there moved or not going back normal like they should. il have a look tomorrow

give the carby bowl a light tap with the plastic end of a screw driver before you take the carb off.

9 times out of 10 that will fix it

i couldnt help myself so i had to clean the carby tonight!haha.
first i undone the overflow screw on bottom of carby and all dirt and shit came out, then i took it all apart , dismounted the floats and all.
theres wasnt much dirt in there, just cleaned it and rinsed in petrol...
but yeah all spotless now. i took some pics , first time ive cleaned it out ha,
glad i did but, cheers...
IMG_0317.jpg

THATS JUST FROM WHEN I UNDONE THE SCREW UNDER CARBY...
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

BEFORE I WASHED IT ALL OUT...

most important thing is that the jets are cleaned, compressed air works a treat, otherwise you can use some wire etc, your float level could also be to high and or the o-ring that seals the carb bowl could be damaged.

I just made a guide Im uploading the pics to PB and ill write the how to within the next 2 hours :)

Latest posts

Back